(Senior) Data Scientist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Be a strategic partner to diverse range of stakeholders in editorial, engineering, marketing and product management, generating data-driven insights, to influence the direction of our product roadmap and critical operating decisions
- Partner with the organization to define our goals and the portfolio of metrics to measure performance against
- Identify the level and cadence of information needed to operate key areas of the business and build dashboards and reports to drive decisions
- Leverage a range of sophisticated ML techniques to uncover deeper insights about our our users and content
- Design and analyze experiments to answer key business questions.
- Build data pipelines and models that enable incisive analyses and performant data visualizations
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members, identify and recommend best practices, help level up overall team capabilities
- Be a champion for Data Science and evidence-based decision making throughout the organization, educating and advocating for its use
- 6+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis and ML at a consumer-facing technology company
- Experience with stakeholder management; effectively driving shared priorities and persuading through storytelling with data
- Strong python skills at running data analytics using pandas, jupyter notebook, and the python ecosystem
- Experience writing and optimizing complex SQL queries on large data sets
- Experience with data pipelining, from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Strong in inferential statistics, especially in an experimentation setting (hypothesis testing, power analysis, experimental design)
- Skilled in building machine learning models including classification models, natural language processing, and training models on large data sets
- Experience manipulating large data sets through SQL, Python
- Experience leading others in a data / analytics function
- Experience developing in Looker
- Natural Language processing (NLP) with large data sets
- Experience in big data technologies like Spark
- Experience with production model deployment in cloud environments like AWS
- Management consulting or similar internal strategy experience
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈