Senior Data Scientist
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
Will you join us on a journey to disrupt the trillion-dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travelers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures, and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveler in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveler can make the best-informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join FindHotel and help us push our data-driven organization to even higher levels. We are looking for someone with a strong background in machine learning, statistics and programming, and with proven experience in applying machine learning to real business problems. Data scientist will be leading a variety of projects within our Content squad to empower users to find ideal accommodation through exposing relevant content and recommendations.
What you'll be doing:
- Identify opportunities and take a leading role in the ideation of data products.
- Design and continuously improve algorithms for our inventory matching and content information retrieval
- Create intelligent property classification algorithms utilizing different data sources
- Design and build data-driven services that use machine learning and statistics to make our website as effective as possible: e.g. by providing visitors the recommendations that are most relevant to them
- Continuously research new data sources, methods, and technologies
- Closely collaborate with our developers in the deployment of data science products to our production systems
What a day in the office might look like:
In our daily standup one of our analysts has brought up the fact that there is a unique pattern of user behavior for some properties, and we would like to isolate them from the rest assigning a special classifier. Later we will be able to integrate this classifier into FH data ecosystem and use it in product, marketing and supply activities. You set-up a brainstorming meeting with PO and data analyst to understand better a problem and requirements. You can do the classifier in very easy and very complicated ways, and your job as a data scientist will be to find the right tradeoff between complexity/cost of implementation and value-added. After lunch, you'll investigate some patterns in wrongly matched inventory cases and will think about possible improvement for our inventory matching algorithm. You will finish the day by presenting to the rest of the team some optimization improvements you made during the week so our matching process is running 2 times faster with the same efficiency.
You will be working with a multidisciplinary squad of analysts, data scientists, engineers, and a product owner.
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast-growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- We have a state of the art user-acquisition engine and a lot of room to grow. It's an exciting journey in a company that's driven by data.
- We have formed a solid team of data analysts, scientists & marketers and we are looking to grow the team considerably in the near future. You will have the chance to grow with us.
People we love:
- 5+ years of data science experience
- Good programming skills, preferably in Python
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience using a variety of scientific computing and modeling tools (Python's data science stack, deep learning).
- Experience with cloud computing solutions, in particular in AWS
- Experience working together with developers to deploy data products to production environments
- Motivated and driven to take responsibility and succeed in a start-up environment
- Detail-oriented, but practical enough to avoid perfectionist pitfalls
- Curious, not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to question the status quo.
- MSc or PhD in statistics, engineering, computer science, artificial intelligence, or related field
A big plus:
- Relevant experience in travel working on clustering and or classification projects
- Experience in information retrieval
What we offer:
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture that values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- No nonsense! We’re proud of our flat hierarchy and short decision paths
- Competitive compensation package including bonuses and Stock Appreciation Rights
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- Great new spacious and light-filled office located in central Amsterdam
Tip: read some more of our blog posts before applying
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈