Senior Data Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who we are
Verve Group’s omnichannel ad platform connects advertisers, agencies, brands, and publishers to people in real-time. With a privacy-first approach, Verve Group offers advertising innovation at scale with full-stack programmatic solutions in brand-safe environments. The global company is a trusted partner of 5,000+ advertisers and brands with direct connections to 4,000+ publishers and apps globally. Verve Group is part of Media and Games Invest (MGI) and has an international presence with over 200 employees in 20+ offices worldwide, spanning the Americas, EMEA, and APAC. Learn more at www.verve.com.
The Data Engineering team is looking for a self-driven, software engineering professional. Candidates must have solid foundational skills and professional experience working on/developing large-scale data processing systems. They must be able to work with business and technical stakeholders to accurately define requirements and quickly turn around solutions that balance time-to-market concerns with solid engineering/operational principles in a geographically diverse environment. In addition to development responsibilities, candidates will be expected to provide 2nd/3rd tier operational support.
We are looking for someone who wants to build data pipelines and won’t shy away from playing the detective for some data analysis once in a while.
- Interact with stakeholders to define actionable requirements/deliverables, balancing business value with time-to-market
- Interact with project management to define deliverables and accurate timelines
- Provide 2nd/3rd tier support, in collaboration with business and other technical teams
- Master current tools/technologies, and introduce new tools/technologies as gaps in functionality/performance/operability are identified
- Appreciate solving big-data problems that ensure Verve Group remains a market leader
- 5-7 years professional software development experience
- 3-5 years data engineering experience
- Solid SQL skills
- Git experience preferred
- Maven/Gradle or similar build environment tools
- 2+ years professional experience working with/developing for Hadoop 2.x and/or Spark
- Professional experience working with/developing for distributed data stores (Snowflake, BigQuery, Couchbase, etc)
- Professional experience working with RDBMS (MySQL, PostGres, etc)
- Experience working in AWS and/or GCP
- Experience working in a Linux/UNIX system
- Work authorization in the US
What we offer:
- Join one of the top mobile advertising companies in the world
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of high potentials
- Responsibility, independence, and an opportunity to participate in projects that have a significant impact on Verve Group’s success
- Unlimited vacation days/year
- Medical Insurance
- Vision & Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
Mobile phone allowance
- Work with data that is ACTUALLY big (10s - 100s of Tbs)
- Plenty of flexibility in tech/tooling (if you can justify it)
- Great work-life balance
Interested? - Please submit your 1-Page CV online + Github, Stack Overflow, blog or Twitter link if you have one.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈