(Senior) Data Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
You will become a trusted advisor working hand-in-hand with our clients, from data owners and analytic users to C-level executives. You will engage in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver complex data / analytic cases across a variety of industries. These cases can range from:
- Strategic assessment of existing infrastructure and business processes
- Designing and developing the analytical layer (data warehouse, data lake, ETL, ELT, etc.)
- Enabling business analysts by understanding their processes and attentively listening to their needs to deliver impactful solutions
- Supporting data scientists and deploying machine learning models into production
- Note: You will not be developing machine learning models or algorithms
- Optimizing non-performant databases, queries, pipelines, and ML models
We are looking for people who deeply understand business problems and enjoy solving them. You are a driven self-starter who loves working with data and transforming it to pull out valuable business insights. You love building analytical tools that business users can leverage daily to do their jobs better. You are passionate about contributing to a growing team and establishing best practices.
- Degree educated in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience with managing stakeholders and collaborating with customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- 5+ years working with relational databases and query languages
- 5+ years building data pipelines in production and ability to work across structed, semi-structures and unstructured data
- 5+ years data modeling (e.g. star schema, entity-relationship)
- 3+ years writing clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python, Scala, Java, or similar coding languages
- Expertise in software engineering concepts and best practices
- DevOps experience preferred
- Experience working with cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) preferred
- Experience working with big data technologies (Spark, Hadoop) preferred
- Experience preparing data for analytics and following a data science workflow to drive business results preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Willingness to travel
We are actively considering applicants that are fully remote within the US.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈