Senior Data Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Ukraine
Join Netguru Talent Marketplace, a proven partner for tech-minded freelancers and experts. Thanks to us, you will have access to various project-based opportunities and can collaborate with different companies and industries. As a result, you will not only gain more experience but also develop a variety of skills you didn’t even know you had. Work the way you like, on your terms, with no strings attached.
Over the past ten years, Netguru has changed the way people bank, listen to music, learn languages, and rent bicycles. Some of our clients include Fortune 500 companies and startups like Shine, Countr, Petro Niche, and more. Netguru works with the largest brands in the world, such as Volkswagen, IKEA, and Keller Williams.
Our team of 650+ allows us to deliver well-designed and optimized custom mobile app development solutions for both iOS and Android mobile platforms, in turn, increasing the productivity of a business enterprise. The main reason behind custom mobile apps is that they not only help business owners transform their unique ideas into reality, but also help them deliver personalized UX.
Joining Netguru means:
- development of products for our clients from all over the world;
- assisting clients in making good decisions and choosing best solutions;
- good news: you won’t have to manage the project as each project has a dedicated Project Manager.
- 6+ years of experience in a Data Engineering role
- A proven track record of substantially impacting the development of complex distributed data pipelines and databases
- Experience with Java, Python or Scala with focus on distributed systems
- Experience with big data ecosystem & tools (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kafka-Connect, Presto)
- Relational databases like Postgres, Mysql (advanced SQL writing and optimization skills are required)
- Strong experience with Cloud Platforms like AWS or GCP
- Experience with stream-processing systems (e.g. Storm, Spark-Streaming)
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Kubernetes/Dockers
- Cloud Data Warehouses like AWS Redshift or Google Bigquery
- Experience with Linux and shell scripting
- English level: B2+
- 100-percent remote work.
- Work with an experienced team of developers and continuously develop your hard and soft skills.
- A mentor who will assist you during your first days.
- Dev-friendly processes such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Code Review, and bug bashes.
- Collaboration on challenging products (FinTech, B2B software, E-commerce, and more)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Ukraine.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈