(Senior) Data Analyst
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Philippines
At Coins, we are driven by our vision of a world where everyone has access to financial services.
Founded in 2014 in the Philippines, Coins customers have access to a mobile wallet and services such as remittances, mobile air-time and bill payments. The company has one of the country’s largest cash distribution networks, operating through over 33,000 partner locations.
We aim to improve people’s everyday lives through convenient, accessible, and approachable financial services.
Providing our users with a stellar product and excellent customer experience is at the heart of our business.
We are a fast-growing startup looking to work with passionate, motivated professionals in improving our products and accelerating financial inclusion in Southeast Asia.
We place great value on open communication, work ownership, and continuous learning on the job.
We are looking for a savvy data enthusiast to join our data team. At your position you will be helping company departments in making decisions based on data. We actively seek individuals who are high in industriousness and orderliness with an intrinsic interest in data analysis and data / bi platforms. The ideal candidate has strong experience in data field working as data analyst helping business stakeholders with analytical insights and has experience in driving data business initiatives.
- Proactively build and improve the organization’s business intelligence platform (organize dashboards, queries, permissions, data model)
- Build reporting pipelines for finance, operations, compliance and other departments
- Analyze large data sets using a variety of database query and visualization tools
- Proactively work on automation for data related company’s operations
- Work closely with Data Architects, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and SRE to deliver data products with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Act as data evangelist for business stakeholders
- Drive development of self-service BI platform
- Manage and review of product requirements within the team and provide feedback to product management and other stakeholders
- Provide team members and partners with thought leadership and coaching on data standards and practices
- Key - Advanced Data analysis & SQL
- Key - Data modelling for business use cases & self-service
- Key - Administering BI platform, preferably with hundreds of reports & dashboards, and for 100+ users
- Good-to-have - Python
- Good-to-have - Experience on data warehouse, data lake, ETL frameworks, Apache Spark
- Good-to-have - Domain knowledge of digital wallet / p2p finance & payments / crypto industry
- Communication - Able to manage stakeholders, understanding & defining requirements, and presenting solutions effectively. Able to document these clearly to serve as reference for technical and non-technical users.
- Self-management - Able to work independently in a fast paced environment, without constant guidance. Able to define out clear requirements from ambiguous problem statements.
- Project / product management - Able to lead the strategic vision, roadmap, and execution for data product development process to earn money
- Persistent - Not willing to give up in face of challenging problems. Able to work towards long term goals.
- Curious - Continue to learn about the business and identify areas where we can make an impact. Continue to learn best practices and tools that can be applied to improve our organisation.
- Humble - Be open to ideas and learning, not be stuck to own opinions, be aware of self-limitations to be able to overcome them as a team
- Remote friendly
- Flexible schedule (for BI team it is required to be available in UTC+8 working hours)
- International geo distributed team
- Opportunity for business trips to SEA countries
- Open-mindedness for new technologies
- AWS, Databricks, Metabase, Amplitude
- Focus on continuous learning and development
- Flexible Vacation
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Philippines.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈