(Senior) Data Analyst
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
As a Data Analyst within the Business & Marketing Analytics Team you will aim to improve our understanding of what is happening at Jimdo.
The role will focus on analysis, deep-dives, consultations & pro-active insight generation.
We have dedicated analysts for specific teams/departments, but there are a lot of topics that stretch across multiple departments and require an holistic overview about Jimdo, including but not limited to our financials, which would be the focus of this role.
We are looking for a proactive work-attitude, answering questions from other stakeholders will just be a small part of the role. The big part will be proactively creating projects, analysis and deepdives yourself together with your colleagues. Nobody will tell you where to look or what to do, we are looking for a person, within the context of the business to move things forward. Same thing goes for tools and methodologies, we want you to use the best approach to solve a problem and will not tell you how to best solve it. We will be trusting your skills and experience that you will find the best approach and tell us.
If you are passionate about translating complex business matters towards stakeholders, empowering people in making data-driven decisions, plus have a results-driven personality, then we're eager to get to know you.
- You will lever your experience to develop an in-depth analytical understanding of what drives Jimdo and how it can be improved
- You will promote a data-driven mindset across the whole organization, making sure that data is at the heart of every decision we make
- You will develop a high level business understanding combined with specific domain knowledge & expertise in each of our analytical areas in order to be able to be best suited to piece together complex analytical matters
- You will make data meaningful and more accessible by answering complicated questions in an easy and understandable way
- You will detect and understand trends & anomalies in our data and explain them in an engaging and educational way
- You will consume and analyze available information, based on requests or on your own curiosity and produce insights based on it
- You will bring in your own ideas and creations by having a lot of freedom in your role
- 4+ years of experience working in Analytics
- You have a statistical or mathematical background and are able to apply this knowledge via R, Python or similar tools
- You are an expert in processing and evaluating big data sets with appropriate tools and methods to understand and predict user behavior
- You are an expert in SQL, retrieving data and writing complex queries is something you are used to
- You have knowledge with least one data visualization tool like Tableau (or Qlikview, PowerBI, Looker, MicroStrategy, …)
- You effectively communicate complex matters and requirements to non-domain experts in a simple, crisp and concise way - visually and verbally
- You have sharp business judgment and easily separate signals from noise when it comes to summarizing and presenting actionable insights
- You are creative, organized and self-motivated. You enjoy sitting close to the business and making an impact.
- You already worked in a SaaS / Freemium environment
- You have a formal statistical or mathematical background for examples university studies
- You stay informed and up to date with the development and events of recent scientific findings and market development
Andre will be happy to receive your application in English or German.
We hire for several positions within our data department at the moment. Please have a read through the other positions as well and feel free to let us know about all positions that would interest you. 1 application is enough - we'll consider you for the others as well.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈