Senior Data Analyst
4 days ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
If your passion is managing the processes and people responsible for accurate data collection, processing, modeling and analysis. If you are a strong communicator, comfortable with facilitating executive level discussions regarding business drivers and ways to optimize company performance and investments. This is the place for you.
Your mission within Streamloots will be working closely with leaders across marketing, product and sales to support and implement high-quality, data-driven decisions. You will ensure data accuracy and consistent reporting by designing and creating optimized processes and procedures for analytics employees to follow.
You will impact and create:
As Senior Data Analyst
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of marketing techniques, product development, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Build, develop, and maintain data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metrics supports that support key business decisions.
- Work with large, complex data sets to solve difficult problems and uncover new business opportunities, applying advanced analytics and forecasting methods where needed.
As Team Player
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders in leadership, marketing, product, technology and sales teams.
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company
- Organize and drive the successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst and data employees and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Recruit, train, develop and supervise analyst-level employees.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
What will make you successful in your mission:
Experience and skills:
- +4 years combined experience in a highly analytical role in a high-growth technology company, and/or investment banking, and/or management consulting.
- Experience in dimensional modeling, business intelligence and ETL vs. ELT.
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units.
- Experience and knowledge of statistical modeling techniques: GLM multiple regression, logistic regression, log-linear regression, variable selection, etc.
- Experience writing advanced SAS code statements, models, and macros.
- Experience working with and creating databases and dashboards using all relevant data to inform decisions.
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes.
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and high-level of personal excellence and accountability
- Outstanding ability to communicate (verbal, written and presentation) up and down the organization, from individuals and department leads to C-Suite.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field required; MBA/MS a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment; Startup experience a plus0
- Fluent in English, Spanish a plus.
The right candidate will also be experienced with the following tools/programs:
- Strong programming skills with querying languages: SQL, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools: Power BI, Tableau, Google DataStudio, etc.
- Python, R or other programming languages
- Experience with Gephi, BigQuery, MongoDB is a plus.
- Experience with Amplitude and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with BigML, IBM Watson, AI platform or Amazon SageMaker is a plus.
What we offer:
- Open-remote company: This means that team members can work from wherever they want. Therefore, you will be able to choose if you want to work in the office or not. Moreover, it also means that all processes need to be thought of as if we had no office and everyone was working remotely. No one should feel like an outsider since all conversations will happen through Slack or Zoom/Hangouts.
- The quarter meetups: Once every quarter (once COVID-19 allows it), we will all gather in Valencia to work together. We will try to make it happen during the week when company and team KRs are defined.
- Revolutionize an industry with tech and data-oriented solutions. We started 2 years ago, and now, over 40,000 streamers in more than 20 different countries have increased their revenue by interacting with their fans via Streamloots. We are funded by leading global tech investors, including Bessemer.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan. We are working to align our budgets with the market, and we believe that our salary packages are extremely competitive.
If you are excited about everything that you have just read, please do not hesitate to apply to this position, or send an email with your CV and your LinkedIn profile to Hortensia Espíritu .
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈