Research and Data Analyst
2 weeks ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: North America Only
Team Rubicon is looking for a contract research and data analyst with social science/behavioral research experience to join the Insights and Continuous Improvement team. This contract will be hourly based at 15-20 hours/week for a three-month term with the potential to renew through the full calendar year. Projects and duties over the course of the contract may vary depending on organizational and disaster response demands. This position may work remotely at flexible hours but must be available at least 10 hours per week at standard Pacific time business hours.
This position will require you to carry out existing survey design and research in addition to setting up and running studies related to new research initiatives to support understanding our membership and clients. You will be responsible for standardizing measures across surveys, running studies, downloading data, analyzing data and creating reports of findings. This position requires attention to detail and responding to study issues that arise in a timely manner. This position also requires the ability to work on multiple projects at once and to coordinate with other TR stakeholders, including ensuring strategic research initiatives are addressed as well as ensuring timely distribution of surveys.
- Graduate degree in social sciences, statistics, business administration or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Advanced proficiency and real world experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS, SAS, Strata, Microsoft PowerBI or other data visualization tool)
- Advanced proficiency and real world experience with Qualtrics or other survey generation tool
- Extensive experience with advanced statistical methods (regression, analysis of variance), scale variables, etc.
- Advanced proficiency and experience with databases/extracts/tables and merging data from different sources
- Advanced proficiency and experience with statistics/data analysis and data reporting
- Experience with data cleaning and data transformation
- Familiarity with survey coding
- Detail oriented and analytic with the ability to keep the big picture in mind
- Comfortable with working independently while meeting deadlines and reporting progress
- Availability to collaborate in virtual meetings with key stakeholders
- Ability to facilitate virtual meetings with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and report out findings to meet the needs of a variety of stakeholders including executive leadership, donors and client partners
- Efficient and thorough approach to analytic methods that support evidence based decision-making
- Relational and cultural competence
- Detail-oriented; appreciates tedious, multi-faceted dynamics
- Emotionally resilient; tolerates stress
Note: Along with your resume, please include a statement of interest outlining your experience (especially any related to international policy or public health) and clearly articulating your academic and degree level with GPA equivalency score. We may be asking for documentation as proof during on-boarding. All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. This position is remote at the moment. Priority may be reserved for applicants willing to work in Los Angeles Headquarters when we are safely able to resume working in-office.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈