Project Manager - Data (m/f/d)
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be because we have been in their position. That's where you can help us—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-leaning and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve what we aim for. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever your working location of choice will be, we will make sure you get proper onboarding (virtual or in person) and that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
Regarding candidates who want to relocate to Hamburg: Due to COVID our offices are temporarily closed. We will invite you to start working with us from your current location for the time being. Once the borders are reopened, and the Embassies accept visa applications again, we will initiate the relocation process to Hamburg. Until then, you will be invited to work with us remotely with a temporary contract.
Jimdo believes that decisions should be based on data, hence the mission of the Data department is to “enable high decision quality at Jimdo by empowering everyone to make data-informed decisions in a timely manner”. To deliver on this mission we operate a highly scalable, robust and resilient data infrastructure and a variety of data pipelines, analytics and reporting services that are used within the Data department and across the whole organization. The two main pillars for our strategic approach towards high decision quality are Data Quality and Data Fluency.
As Project Manager - Data you will be working in and contributing to an agile, data and experiment driven environment with a variety of stakeholders. An important part of your mission is to independently manage projects in the Data department as well as to support cross-functional project teams. Furthermore, you are aware of the inherent complexity of data projects and actively drive stakeholder communication and engagement in order to maximize business impact.
- You lead and support data projects hands-on. This includes project meetings facilitation, technical planning and management of other project tasks.
- You drive communication with relevant stakeholders, ensure the alignment of requirements and engagement throughout the whole project lifecycle.
- You identify problems and find efficient and pragmatic solutions for blockers.
- You bring in your own ideas and creations by having a lot of freedom in your job.
- You act as a role model and coach for your various teams in the Data department. You foster continuous learning and improvement culture.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a software development and/or data-driven environment and enthusiastic about the combination of IT and Data.
- You have 3+ years of experience with respect to agile project management and hands-on experience with respect to agile practices like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- You have relevant work experience as an agile coach, scrum master, agile project manager or a similar role.
- You see your teams as part of an end-to-end value chain from data production to creating data services, supporting reporting & analytics and contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- You have a clear understanding of the business impact of data and the ambition to continually improve.
- You have hands-on experience as a Product Manager or in a similar Product role.
- You have hands-on experience with Data Analytics, Data Science or Machine Learning frameworks and related tools.
- You have experience with respect to security, privacy, and regulations like GDPR.
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈