Product Data Analyst
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
The Dyrt is the largest digital camping platform in the world. Every second, a new user visits The Dyrt to access our community-driven campground information.
If you love the outdoors and want to be part of a fast-growing consumer app, you're in the right place.
We are looking for a data analyst to work with our product team. In this role, you will play an important role in decisions to improve our product as we solve exciting new problems in the outdoor space.
We're looking for people who:
- Are great communicators — Effective communication is key to how we work. We value patience and empathy in our product planning, support, and day-to-day relations.
- Work well both collaboratively and independently — We come together to pair on tricky problems and architecture, then dive deep on individual tasks.
- Are ready to learn and share knowledge — Everyone comes to our company with their own set of skills and experiences. Cross-training, code review, mentorship, and curiosity all help us build better products.
- Work closely with our product and leadership teams to answer questions on user behavior and the results of product tests.
- Create reports and dashboards to grow visibility to product metrics.
- Catalog and understand the schema of available product data across a variety of sources; work with the product and marketing teams to fill gaps and improve data access.
- Monitor key metrics for trends, changes, and unexpected behavior.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working with product and business analytics
- Excellent SQL skills (we use BigQuery and PostgreSQL)
- Programming experience in Python, R, or similar languages
- Experience with A/B testing and descriptive statistics
- A proven ability to derive insights from varied, imperfect, and inconsistent data sources
- Familiarity with data visualization principles and experience using dashboarding tools, such as Mode or Metabase, to present findings. More advanced visualization skills using Python/R notebooks preferred.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tools and languages
- Degree in Statistics, Math, or related quantitative fields
The Dyrt is built by campers, for campers—whether you're new to camping or have been camping your whole life.
We encourage everyone to spend more time outside, including employees. We offer competitive market-rate salaries, a generous vacation plan, and we even pay employee bonuses for using The Dyrt in the wild.
This is a full-time remote position. Employees are expected to have high-speed internet and a professional working environment sufficient for clear video conferencing during regular working hours. Many of our employees work virtually from Portland, OR but we're flexible on location and encourage all to explore. Our founders even work from their van.
The Dyrt is an equal opportunity workplace. We are especially proud to have a female founder and a higher percentage of female employees than the national average for tech companies. We believe that the outdoors are for everyone, and are committed to building an inclusive platform and community that encourages, supports, and celebrates all people interested in camping.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
About The Dyrt
The Dyrt was started in Portland, OR, is venture-backed, and has 40-50 employees working virtually around the U.S.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈