Product Architect, Data Model
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We're only able to consider applicants based in the United States at this time. (You can work remotely anywhere in the United States. Once it is safe to do so, you'll be welcome to work from our San Francisco office as well, if that is what you prefer.)
We're looking for someone to own and manage the Archipelago Schema, the data model at the heart of our platform. It's core to who we are and what we do, so this person will be crucial to our continued success. As such, this person must have significant technical experience and expertise in all aspects of data modeling. In addition, we also want someone who can take product ownership of the Schema – understanding and driving our existing product goals while setting a vision for what should come next.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working collaboratively, across teams & timezones, and helping us define our platform culture. You'll have significant impact, since the product & team is in its early stages. You'll have a full team to support you, from research and design, through planning, development, deployment, delivery, and iteration.
- Own and manage Archipelago's core schema, including:
- Translate use cases to a single data model
- Evolve and curate the data model and business logic that governs it
- Design and curate the physical schema
- Maintain overall data integrity and quality
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements
- Write Functional/Design specs
- Catalyze consensus from C-suite, Product, Design, Engineering and Customer Success teams
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience working as a Data Architect, Data Modeler, or similar roles and experience; a plus if at a major ERP (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.)
- 5+ years experience with a major RDBMS: SQL / PostgresQL, Oracle, SQLServer
- Proven ability to design and maintain moderately complex to complex data models
- Understanding of the impact a data model has on underlying and adjacent functionality (Analytics/Reporting, Security, Performance)
- Understanding of data life cycle
- Experience with the design, improvement or maintenance of a significant ERP Application module (Oracle, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.)
- Product management experience is a plus
- 2+ years of remote work experience
- Able to communicate clearly no matter the medium: on Slack, task trackers, video calls, emails, in person, etc.
- You'll join at an early stage of the company, so you can take something from 0 to 1
- We're a supportive team who will give you as much assistance or independence as you like
- We offer a full benefits package, including medical/vision/dental, 401(k), work-from-home budget, etc. — depending on location
- Our headquarters are in San Francisco, but we've been a distributed company from the start.
Archipelago is a Silicon Valley start-up working to change how risk is insured. Our platform enables large real estate owners, managers, brokers & insurance carriers to efficiently map their portfolio, manage their risks, and underwrite them, through a mix of machine learning and human intelligence. Our founders are tech & finance entrepreneurs with several IPOs and acquisitions under their belts. We are headquartered in San Francisco, have raised several rounds of VC funding, and currently employ over fifty people across the US & Europe.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈