MySQL Database Administrator
1 month ago
Job type: Contract
Hiring from: Anywhere
Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time, permanent MySQL Database Administrator. The database team serves as the backbone supporting all of the database systems needed to bring modern applications to market in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and will thrive on finding new solutions for existing database products.
The MySQL Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the health and security of multiple database systems used by a variety of applications and accessible by multiple international offices and worldwide customers; this may include MySQL and PostgreSQL database systems.
- Monitoring, maintaining and configuring database servers for high-availability redundant systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of database concepts, such as schema design, triggers, transaction logs, stored procedures and backups
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX operating systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages and tools, such as shell scripts
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Availability to work during US office hours
- Availability to be on call as needed
- Four-year technical degree in computer science, business information systems, engineering or a related field is preferred
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈