Manager - Data & Insights
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Plex is the most flexible and comprehensive streaming platform in the world--seamlessly combining, organizing, and streaming free movies, TV shows, live TV, news, web shows, podcasts, music, live and recorded OTA television, and personal media collections. One of the most-watched and highly-rated streaming apps, Plex has millions of users around the world on every major media streaming platform, including Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Chromecast, Nvidia, iOS, Android, and many, many more.
We have a simple yet ambitious mission: to help people easily discover, enjoy, and share all of their media across all of their devices. In the last year, we’ve added over 20,000 ad-supported movies and over 150 free live TV channels to our offering to make the most complete streaming platform around. We’ve made great progress towards this mission and we have millions of happy customers, but we still have a long way to go. Going forward we want to make Plex the first stop for people who care about their entertainment. We will be providing the best recommendations across all services and a full suite of community-focused tools for users to engage around the content they care most about.
- We support every major platform, including desktops, mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming devices, and gaming consoles, providing an opportunity to work across platforms and teams to push Plex forward.
- We are a distributed organization, with people making great things happen in nearly 20 different countries and 11 time zones. Above all else, we value kindness, humility, and helpfulness. While we are headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the vast majority of our employees are 100% remote, with in-person off-sites to bring team members together a few times a year.
- We are passionate about our mission and we work hard, while still providing flexibility around a schedule that works for you.
- We love what we’re building and our user community is an integral part of our development process. We actively engage with customers to understand what is working, what they want more of, and how we can be better.
- We build cool stuff!
Sound interesting? We’re looking for passionate people who love media and are ready to push their limits to have a material impact on Plex’s growth and success.
- Delivering data-driven Insights, Recommendations, and Analysis with a focus on the effectiveness of our marketing efforts - specifically around user acquisition and retention.
- Developing the reports and dashboards to support and communicate the analysis.
- Producing ad-hoc deep-dive analysis either to increase understanding, or to support other projects and team members.
- Discovering themes, trends, and opportunities that impact the business, and propose approaches to capitalize or mitigate.
- Working closely with engineering and product to identify and build data automation, integration or other tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our metrics platform.
- Providing domain expertise, and sourcing qualitative and quantitative data from external sources, to help set our projections and KPIs to manage the business.
- Maintaining and improving existing marketing and business dashboards (including developing new ones as needed) to effectively measure, manage and improve KPIs including acquisition cost, usage trends and churn metrics.
- Supporting Marketing, Growth, Product, and Engineering teams with Business Intelligence as needed (including, ruthlessly prioritizing the needs that require attention).
- You have 10+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, or Data Science, and are a passionate media consumer.
- You’re kind, helpful, smart, get stuff done, and have great energy.
- You’re self-motivated and able to work well in a distributed work environment.
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- You bring a deep understanding of the motivations that drive media consumption.
- You are super-passionate and knowledgeable about movies and TV.
- You love rolling up your sleeves. For you, no detail is too small and no task is too menial. If it’s important to the team, it’s important to you.
- You are naturally data-driven and comfortable running tests and analyzing data to maximize results.
- You are highly organized with strong project management skills; able to juggle multiple—and at times conflicting—priorities and needs.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem “over the wall.”
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You have experience with marketing and analytics tools including e-mail service providers, Google Analytics, Data Studio/Tableau or similar, and MMPs (AppsFlyer or similar).
- You have experience developing complex SQL queries to pull insights from multiple data sources - preferably using Google BigQuery.
- You are opinionated about the metrics and data that matters for a growing ad-supported business, and how analytics tools are implemented to deliver the most actionable information - yet are open to teaching and learning from all those around you.
- You are customer focused to a fault - both external and internal.
Plex is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Plex is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈