Looker Data Analyst
5 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Remote, USA, Full-Time - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
How can you apply your technical expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy specializing in custom data experiences powered by the Looker platform. We believe in the power of compelling data narratives to drive better decision-making. Our tailored solutions help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
Our analysts have contributed to projects that have transformed the world's largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients' most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your technical, leadership, and business skills.
The Looker Data Analyst role at 4 Mile is heavily client-facing. We expect you to be comfortable speaking with clients and confident in your delivery.
We value in our team-mates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations, and can view challenges through multiple perspectives
- Driven to develop technical skills for oneself and team-mates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equates professional achievement with happy end-users
You'll work on the following:
- Looker - Medium to Enterprise-Scale Implementations
- Build data models and complex SQL queries
- Assist clients in embedding visualizations into their own applications
- Work in a wide variety of industry verticals
- Train admins, developers, and end users on platform best practices
- ETL Platforms - Connecting Data Sources
- Implement different ETL platforms based on available connectors, cost, and other capabilities
- Work with data engineering to construct architectural data solutions
- Provide insight into basic strategies for database architecture
- Consult clients on database best practices around performance and economy
What we're looking for:
- Experience developing in LookML
- 2-4 years in a data analytics-oriented role
- Some experience in consulting or other client-facing role
- Great people skills
- Advanced SQL skills
- Clean and intuitive coding practices
- Ability to lead your own projects and operate with a high degree of autonomy in a remote working environment
- Desire to learn and grow your knowledge of the data industries
- Looker certification
- Experience with Github
- Experience in a specific data vertical (i.e. Healthcare, Finance, Retail, etc.)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈