Lead Data Scientist
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Who We Are
Mayanalytics is a technology and data company that develops growth automation software for Amazon sellers. Our initial product set includes:
- Advertising management, which optimizes the performance of our customers' campaigns to deliver higher sales and profits
- Inventory management, which utilizes forecasting based on organic and ad-driven sales to predict when inventory needs to be restocked
We are a venture-backed and Y Combinator W21 startup that is delivering significant results for our customers across the growing e-commerce space. We are looking to expand the team! For more information about Mayanalytics, please visit www.mayanalytics.com.
We value data-driven processes through innovation, collaboration, and a passion for getting things done. For our hires, we aim to cultivate the best + diverse employees as we continue to foster a culture of open communication and transparency. We are redefining what it means to be a remote company with team members living and working across the globe. Work from anywhere and if you and other team members want to work together in Mexico, USA, Spain, wherever — we will help facilitate that. We embrace world-views, diversity in background, diversity in make-up, and diversity in thought.
We are driven and hard-working but also committed to having fun along the way with weekly virtual happy hours, semi-annual offsites, and unlimited paid time off. We embrace life-work balance. We know you have a life outside of Mayanalytics and we want to help you nurture that too. We understand that helping you stay happy and healthy are key ingredients to enable you to deliver your best work.
At Mayanalytics, we build innovative tech products that create significant competitive advantages for our customers. Transparency, quality, urgency, and intellectual honesty are central tenets of our work ethics while embracing experimentation and collaboration to produce results that customers love. The core MIT founding team brings experience across e-commerce, tech infrastructure, marketing, finance and deep expertise in the Amazon seller ecosystem. Our founder brings experience of being an early team member at the fastest U.S. startup on record to reach "unicorn" status - also operating within the Amazon ecosystem.
Mayanalytics brings a data-driven approach to the Amazon ecosystem.
The Data Scientist will lead the way on our team as the first to create and implement ML solutions to support our team and customers. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concepts to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. The successful candidate will play a key role in the understanding of product owner strategy and collaborate with peers and technology partners to translate complex user stories into successful AI product releases.
You love exploring massive datasets to find new insights. You have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace. You are a team builder who leads by example and celebrates when others succeed, knows how to listen, make decisions, and adopt new ideas. You are comfortable being measured by the results. You can prioritize multiple deliverables in a fast-paced environment. We operate under a startup environment and thus value someone who is self-motivated and can take their own initiative.
- BS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- 3+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of relevant work data science experience
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling
- Experience in SQL and Python
- Experience with manipulating massive scale structured and unstructured data
- English skills (ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English)
Nice to Haves
- MS degree in a quantitative discipline: statistics, computer science, informatics, engineering, applied mathematics, economics, etc.
- Experience with data warehouses like Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization software is a plus (Looker or Tableau)
- Familiarity with advertising, inventory, or supply chain is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop or other big data paradigms, and associated languages such as Spark, Presto, Hive, etc.
- Experience with Kubernetes or distributed systems.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to synthesize, compile compelling narratives, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including customers, customer success and executives
- Experience influencing strategy through data-centric presentations
Mayanalytics does not accept/pay fees for unsolicited resumes from third-party agencies/vendors.
As part of our dedication to our workforce's diversity, Mayanalytics is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈