Lead Data Engineer
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands
Founded in 2014, BackMarket is the first online marketplace dedicated exclusively to refurbished electronic devices. With 158M€ raised already, we are sabotaging ‘new’ by connecting highly selected certified professionals to consumers who are looking for a more affordable, reliable, and ecological alternative to purchasing brand new products.
Leading the way in a shift towards a circular economy, freeing the planet from electronic waste, and building a global leading tech company are three solid reasons to wake up every morning. Taking part in BackMarket’s adventure means committing to an ambitious project with a strong social and environmental impact!
We are committed to providing an inclusive, fulfilling, and caring work environment in all our offices (Paris, Bordeaux, New-York, Prague, and Berlin). This is an opportunity for you to join a talented, humble, and passionate team at the heart of innovation: our Bureau Of Technology.
Our roles are 100% remote-friendly in UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands. If you are elsewhere, let’s discuss about it 👍
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer who will actively contribute to the strategy and growth of our big data infrastructure.
The core competencies of this role include managing and organizing data, looking for trends and inconsistencies that impact business goals as well as continuous improvement. You will be responsible for :
- Participating, advising, and supporting the technical choices of the other teams involved (Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business, Marketing, Product, etc...)
- Contributing to the recruitment of Data Engineering technical skills
- Building and supervising the data platform allowing us to collect internal and external data for BackMarket
- Collecting, consolidating, enhancing, and modeling large volumes of data (Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data Lake)
- Developing and automating data flows from ingest to visualization in dashboards and reporting
- Ensuring the scalability, security, stability, and availability of the platform's data
- You have an excellent command of a programming language (Python, Go...)
- You are a follower of the "Software Craftsmanship" manifesto, in search of continuous improvement
- You are able to communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- You participated in the construction and supervision of production architectures: Batch/Streaming (Spark, Kafka...), Data Warehouse (Snowflake), Big Data, Algorithm, NoSQL, Parallel Programming
- You have good experiences and convictions about cloud architectures
- You have good experiences with infrastructure-as-code
- You are flexible and creative in problem-solving
- You are well organized, autonomous, rigorous, and have a very good team spirit
- Git, Linux, Django, REST, bash
- Data Lakes
- Designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Multi-threading and continuous integration
- Celery, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch
- Scalability and Security tests
- Call with HR
- Technical test & interviews with the Data and tech team
- Interview with our VP of engineering, Sylvain
- Interviews with our founders, Quentin (CTO) and Thibaud (CEO)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈