(Junior) Database Engineer
2 weeks ago
Job type: Part-time
Hiring from: EU only
Location: Full-Remote, Berlin, Dornbirn
Part-time employment possible
At Crate.io our mission is to empower people in every organization to make better decisions in real-time by harnessing the data generated through machinery and sensors. We have a unique capability in facilitating the ingestion and analysis of industrial scale machine data unlocking the bottlenecks associated with legacy technologies and helping companies to reduce risk and increase the efficiency of their operations.
CrateDB is an Industrial IOT database technology for enterprise manufacturing and industrial organisations needing to scale the use of machine data to enable advanced real-time analytics and insights. The market's most advanced distributed SQL database, CrateDB’s technical architecture unlocks unlimited scale and speed, at a cost previously unachievable and is the only technology capable of simultaneously processing complex sensor/metadata in real time.
We are a deep-tech, VC funded startup with offices in Dornbirn (Austria), Berlin and San Francisco.
As a Database Engineer (Junior) you will write and learn code for the heart of our new generation distributed database.
- Maintain, improve and extend the code base of our Open Source CrateDB database
- Ensure quality through test driven development
- Learn how to build features with performance and security in mind
- Do research on state-of-the-art data chrunching techniques
- Opportunity to contribute to open source libraries or tools we use
- Fun working together with a team on new and edgy stuff
- Working in a mostly asynchronous environment with less meetings
- Professional experience as a developer (at least 2 years)
- Fluid in written and spoken English
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Thinking out of the box and not blind to the shortcomings of one's (own) company
- A basic foundation in computer science, with knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with SQL
- Open Source Contributions (if applicable, please send us your Github Account etc.)
- Work experience with or theoretical knowledge of agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Experience with CrateDB
- Competitive compensation
- Very flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g. financial allowances for public transportation, fitness and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Top 25 IOT start-ups by Forbes Magazine)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈