(Junior) Data Engineer
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Germany Only
Scalable Capital was founded in 2014, entering the FinTech industry with the aim of democratizing investment management and brokerage. Our mission is to use modern technology to make investments both easier and more affordable. Today, Scalable Capital is Europe's largest digital asset manager with assets valued over 2 billion Euros under management, a neo-broker for independent decision makers, and a European leader in providing B2B digital asset management platform solutions. Visit our finance blog or tune in for our podcast to find out what our Expert Team has to say.
If you are looking for scalability in your professional career, join us in re-defining how investors think about wealth creation and in making first class investment services available to everyone.
Work with our team onsite or remote from anywhere in Germany.
As (Junior) Data Engineer, you will
- Create and develop a scalable cloud-based data platform in order to support stakeholders, such as management, marketing, sales and quantitative research
- Shape an AWS based stream and batch processing solution, ingesting data from 3rd party, as well as internal backend services
- Ensure we collect all data required to execute on the company’s mission
- Build interactive dashboards and reporting solutions
- Be a contact person for business intelligence questions, delivering actionable insights and recommendations
What we offer
- Be part of one of the fastest-growing and most visible Fintech startups in Europe, creating innovative services that have a substantial impact on the lives of our customers
- The ability to work with an international, diverse, inclusive, and growing team which loves creating the best products for our clients
- Enjoy an office in a great location in the middle of Munich, one of Germany’s most attractive cities and the opportunity to work remotely
- Learn and grow by joining our in-house knowledge sharing sessions and your individual Education Package and numerous startup perks
- Work productively with the latest hardware and tools
- Say goodbye to order commissions thanks to your complimentary subscription to the PRIME Broker
- Benefit from an attractive compensation package
- Learn about the German culture and join our free German language courses
As (Junior) Data Engineer, you have
- A university degree in a relevant field of study (e.g. computer science, engineering, sciences, ...) or a comparable qualification.
- Strong background of software development in Java, Kotlin or Python
- Experience with data science and visualization tools, such as Numpy, Pandas, Jupyter, or related
- Experience in Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience with Apache Airflow and/or AWS Redshift is a plus
- Interest in new technologies in the Big Data landscape
- Passion for well architected, testable and documented code
- Interest in financial markets or robo-advisory is a strong plus
- Strong analytical thinking, both in the technical and in the product domain.
- Excellent communication skills that are clear, concise, and targeted towards your audience - engineering, product, or other stakeholders.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Germany Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈