Junior Data Architect
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
MongoDB is growing rapidly and seeking a Junior Data Architect to be a key member of a growing Data Architecture team; overseeing the governance, management and stewardship of data across the organization. As a Junior Data Architect, you will be the bridge between the business and data engineering teams. You will design data models and schemas to produce high-performing, curated datasets in a mixed SQL and NoSQL environment, and drive the implementation to completion. You will assist with the configuration of a new enterprise data catalog, and facilitate the adoption of enterprise data governance policies and procedures.
- At least 2 years experience as a data analyst or 1 year as data architect or data modeler. Must have strong SQL skills.
- Highly customer focused, understanding that delivering business value is of utmost importance.
- Skilled at eliciting requirements and communicating across a diverse set of engineers and partners.
- Understands core concepts of data lakes, data warehousing, metadata management, and data lineage.
- Familiar with cloud computing concepts and big data storage formats such as Parquet.
- Experience with a BI Tool like Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI is a plus.
- A lifelong learner who strives for continuous improvement.
As a Junior Data Architect, you will:
- Partner with Product Owners and other Stakeholders to document data requirements.
- Design data models and schemas within the internal data lake to satisfy multiple use cases for both SQL and MQL (MongoDB Query Language) consumers.
- Create and execute test plans to ensure data is accurate and performance meets SLAs.
- Map the flow of data within MongoDB products and across third-party systems such as SalesForce, Marketing systems, Billing systems, and more.
- Configure an enterprise data catalog to manage business terms, metadata, and lineage; promoting self-service data discovery and exploration.
- Work with partners to implement light-weight data governance policies and procedures that do not stifle agility.
- In 3 months, you’ll have fully ramped with our Business and Data teams.
- In 6 months, you’ll have delivered multiple data models for datasets across a variety of use cases.
- In 12 months, you’ll have played a significant role in the implementation of the enterprise data catalog, incorporating metadata management and data governance into the building and sharing of all curated datasets across the enterprise.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈