Journal Specialist - Data Science portfolio
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We are seeking an enthusiastic and target-driven professional for the full-time position of Journal Specialist for our Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Research Metrics and Analytics journal portfolio. Our office is located in London, however remote working options are available within England and Wales.
The role is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about data and analytical sciences, and is keen to experience a career in scientific publishing with an innovative and technology-driven Open Access publisher.
Reporting to the Journal Manager (based in Lausanne, Switzerland) and working closely with other Editorial staff (in London and Lausanne), the position focuses on content acquisition, strategic journals development and Editorial Board management. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact with leading researchers around the world, actively building relationships to acquire quality content for the journal. The candidate will ensure effective Editorial Board management and participate actively in devising editorial strategies to grow and develop the journal. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable them to liaise and develop relationships with very high-profile scholars, and be a collaborative team player, working closely with members of supporting teams. To ensure journals maintain and grow their reputation as attractive publishing outlets for both academic communities, the successful candidate will also be confident in working with data to perform market analyses of the competitor publishing landscape, identifying new areas for growth to inform our editorial strategies.
The position will provide the successful candidate with an excellent opportunity to build a career in scientific publishing with an innovative, technology-driven Open Access publisher.
- Support the Journal Manager in driving journal growth through Editor engagement, development of themed article collections and the launch of new sections, informed by competitor and market analyses
- Support building and managing high-profile, academic Editorial Boards
- Communicate with academic Editors to ensure the timely and on-target execution of journal content acquisition strategies
- Carry out existing editorial strategies and develop new journal initiatives by recognizing various growth and development opportunities
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure the efficiency and scalability of journal operations
- Promote the portfolio at national and international conferences, depending on business needs
- A degree or higher in portfolio-related subject area is preferable with a keen interest in dissemination of research
- Related work experience in a commercial or academic environment
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English, including professional and courteous telephone manner and high attention to details
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize varied workload under pressure
- Collaborative team player
- Ability to work independently and make thoughtful decisions without constant supervision
- Fluent proficiency with MS Office applications
- Previous experience with an academic publisher with demonstrated project management and research experience would also be a strong asset
Your application should include:
- A cover letter and resume (as DOC or PDF)
- Indication of your earliest availability
- A 300 word summary on the following – "How do you see scientific journal publishing in ten years?”
Application deadline: 16/12/2020
- 25 days' vacation per year;
- Participation into Frontiers annual bonus scheme;
- Professional development opportunities;
- Remote working options available within England and Wales (UK)
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈