Head of Insight and Analytics
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
Our data is what makes us valuable to our clients. But what we can do with this data is the thing that enables us to give our clients a competitive edge in the automotive sector. It is for this reason that we are on the hunt for someone to head up our Insights and Analytics team.
Who are you and what are you currently doing?
You will currently be managing one or a few Data Analysts and will be used to working with other departments to fulfill a wide range of insight and analyst needs. Ideally, you will have experience working in Python and have a desire to head a function, and really contribute to a wider company by building a formidable, and effective team of analysts. We are not necessarily looking for buckets of management experience, as we can offer management development and coaching to the right candidate, but some people management is needed in order to hit the ground running.
You will also be passionate about cars. This is what we feel makes this role exciting. We know you are out there. Someone that loves cars and all things automotive, and is trying to make a career for yourself in the field of insights and analytics. We think that you may not have seen a way to merge your profession with your passion previously, but look no further, you can do that here. Deep analysis and insights that help support a range of clients all about that thing you have a passion for, cars! Why are you not already working for us? :)
About the role
Responsible for heading up our Insights & Analytics team, you will be tasked with taking our already incredibly valuable data, and delivering increased value to our clients, and to our teams internally.
A strong mix of Insight reports for customers and clients, analysis projects for the operations and data teams, and bespoke insight opportunities as they arise, the Insights and Analytics team sit between several key functions in the business. Trusted and impartial in approach, the Head of the function will be a trusted consultant and advisor, able to work with and service multiple stakeholders efficiently and to a high standard.
Also responsible for the growth and development of our Insights & Analytics team, as Head of the function, you will be working closely with the leadership teams to map out and deliver upon the vision of the function as we grow.
Role and responsibilities
Chiefly responsible for reporting into the Director of Insight and managing the Insights and Analytics function, your main roles will be:
- Leading the insight & analytics team to meet business requirements
- Managing our existing Insight Analyst, as well as recruiting another to join the team.
- The building, managing, coaching, developing, and leading a highly capable and effective Insight and Analytics team
- Develop and champion a single approach to the exploitation of data assets, covering prospective clients, existing clients, product usage, changes to regulations, and other data.
- Develop custom analysis to provide insights on key business and strategic issues.
- Design automated, accurate, and real-time dashboards
- Translate and visualize data to communicate complicated information into simple and easily understandable ways
- Helping deliver insight along with recommendations to other functions within the business, including, but not limited to, Marketing, Operations, Product, Engineering, and People.
- Working with Product to define suitable metrics to measure the performance of all our products.
What do you get?
- Salary offering circa £55,000 base salary dependant on experience
- All the equipment you need to get the job done
- The ability to work where and when you want in order to get the job done (remote and flexible working welcome)
- A central London office and meeting space to use when you need it
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday, all bank holidays off, and any period of closure over Christmas also paid.
- Learning and training supported
- Ability to make your mark on a fast-growing start-up that is disrupting a huge (£34Bn annual) industry.
You must have:
- Solid, demonstratable experience of relevant data environments
- 2- 3 years’ experience manipulating and interpreting datasets using Python
- 2- 3 years’ experience delivering business insights via SQL and Excel
- 3- 4 years’ commercial analytical experience
- A passion for Cars and/ or the Automotive & Mobility sector
- Demonstrated skills in data mining, analysis report building, data visualization, and insights delivery both to paying clients, and internal stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in a numerate or quantitative field
- Experience working in a start-up or equally fast-paced high energy environment
- An ability to work with others with a humble attitude, free of ego.
- An energy and determination that matches the opportunity of the role.
It would be nice for you to have
- Experience within the automotive/ mobility sector
- Evidence of receiving management training and development
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈