Head of Data Science
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
Employment Hero is an Australian SaaS start-up. Our platform is the easiest way for small to medium businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement and benefits. We’re on a mission to make employment easier and more rewarding, for everyone, whilst being a Remote First workplace with global ambitions!
We're looking for a Head of Data Science who enjoys solving complex problems and combining their passion for both people and product. You will be responsible for leading and overseeing our data governance, and managing a small team to design, develop, and maintain our data warehouse.
We have over 4000 clients and over 250,00 users that engage with our platform every day. The successful candidate will provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite valuable data insights for growth and success within our platform.
- Your team will have the following responsibilities:
> Data steward of BI
> Design, development, maintenance and management of our data warehouse
> Management of the BizOps initiatives to provide automation and reporting for teams to drive efficiencies and facilitate data-informed decisions
> Product development through ML initiatives
- Coach, mentor and manage two direct reports to achieve team objectives
- Data governance for all internal data sources, in the areas of:
> Data access, protection and privacy
> Data quality, integrity and architecture
> Data lifecycle management
> Data reporting
> Stakeholder management, education and training of internal teams including Product, Sales, Marketing and Finance
- Build production-ML models
- Work with the Product team to identify new product opportunities leveraging ML
- 4+ years of experience in SQL and report writing
- 2+ years experience building ML models used in production environments
- 2+ years coding in Python or R
- Degree/Masters/PhD in Maths, Engineering or Data Science
- 2+ years of experience with ETL or systems integration projects
- Self, health, wealth, happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
**When COVID restrictions lift, for those who come to our Hub to work:
- Friday drinks in our fancy in-office bar
- Daily breakfast & lunch
- Lunchtime personal training sessions
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈