Head of Data & Insights
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- Data and analytics: Your team will answer the big questions around our product, content, and community. What content drives the most engagement and retention? How do we cluster and segment our users to deliver a personalized experience? What features help us optimize for retention and growth?
- Business intelligence: The day-to-day tracking of our core operations. Every week you’ll lead the conversation about what numbers are up or down and why, and keep the departmental leads focused on the most important metrics and KPIs.
- Data foundations & infrastructure: We see the data organization as absolutely essential to our long-term growth and strategy, and we will look to you to see around corners and develop the people, processes, and infrastructure we need to reach our full potential. In this function, you will partner closely with the data engineering team and our CTO.
- Communications: Data can make your head hurt, but you package and communicate the essential information in a way that is perfectly tailored to your audience. You can go deep and technical with your team of data scientists, and you can bring it up a few notches for Board presentations and investor decks.
- Partnership: This is a highly cross-functional role, and your visibility and accessibility across the organization make you a go-to resource and valued partner to our teams.
- Technical skill: You inherit a strong group of data scientists and analysts, and your technical expertise makes you a valuable sounding board and mentor to the current team and future hires.
- People management: We place a lot of value on great managers, and you are an accomplished leader, coach, recruiter, and mentor.
- Strategic: You may have the technical details nailed, but you know how to pull back and see the forest through the trees. Your insights will be essential as we plot our long-term strategy and vision.
- Impact: There are few roles at Skillshare that will have more impact and visibility. Your team will be partnering with every department to give them the data and insights they need to achieve their goals.
- Growth: You’ll have the opportunity to wear a lot of hats and take on more responsibility over time. We have a fresh $70 million in capital and a very, very long to-do list.
- Teamwork: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈