Head of Data
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
At Jimdo, our mission is to help small businesses start, grow, and ultimately thrive online. Small businesses face new challenges with very little support or recognition. We know how hard this can be, because we have been in their position. That's where you come in—by designing intuitive tools to help small businesses solve complex problems.
With a forward-focused and self-driven attitude, we continue to find new ways to help our customers get their ideas out into the world. As a team, we run at a steady pace to achieve our goals. We learn best by gathering data, trying new things, and sometimes even falling down along the way. It's the lessons we learn in the process that make us better problem-solvers for small business owners.
If you're motivated by our mission and excited to roll up your sleeves, try new things, learn from mistakes, and make a difference to small businesses around the world, we would love to work with you.
We are happy to invite you to work with us in our office in Hamburg or permanently remote from any location. Wherever you choose to work from, we will make sure you get a proper onboarding (virtual or in person), so that you are fully equipped to become part of the team from day one.
We love the self-employed and you'll be the one who influences the future of the Jimdo products.
You understand the main difficulties of the self-employed and know what kind of problems can be solved with the softwares solution. You know Data is a lifeblood for understanding what our users need.
Your aim is to build a fully functioning, highly performant, accurate, highly accessible, fully regulatorily compliant and secure data system, with defined and fully implemented architecture from data capture through processing, storage and access.
You and your team build the scalable Data tooling that can help to generate the insights and ground for decision making throughout the entire organization.
Your work drives the success of our company and our customers.
- You and your team make sure we have efficient instruments to inform decisions big and small, and data fluent, changing our culture to one in which we regularly talk to each other, informing our beliefs and debates.
- You lead the entire Data Organization and establish best practices and new ways of working and getting closer to our customers.
- You raise the culture of performance, and establish metrics for all aspects of Data Infrastructure, Product Analytics, Business and Marketing Insight.
- You lead and grow the international team and know how to bring the best professionals on board.
- You make sure we store, analyze and synthesize data not just from our product, but also from marketing and support, as well as demographic, industry, market and competitive analysis.
- You make sure data is properly stored and accessed, and able to be anonymized to give us greater flexibility without risking our customers privacy.
- You drive the business process to make data an instrument that Engineering uses every single day.
- You inspire, encourage and help your team members to grow, perform & win.
- You have experience leading and growing the Data function in a fast growing digital company of 200+ people (Head of Data, VP Data, CTO, CIO or similar).
- You have experience working with Cloud Saas platforms (preferred B2B2C).
- You are innovative and enjoy experimenting with the technical and process change.
- You do not compromise when it comes to questions of quality, performance and user centricity.
- Nice to have: You enjoy and keep yourself up-to-date in recent hands-on technological evolution in Data
Jimdo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don't discriminate based on race or ethnic origin, color, the language(s) you speak, where you (or your parents) are from, or whether or not you consider yourself to have a disability. Neither will your age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, beliefs, or political opinions play a part in your application with us. We're a diverse team in so many ways, and we love it that way.
Elena will be happy to receive your application.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈