Head of Analytics Product
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
The QS Intelligence Unit (Part of QS Quacquarelli Symonds), is one of the world's leading compilers of independent market research and institutional evaluations in international higher education. We empower the social impact of universities by informing their strategic decision making through high-profile competitive intelligence, distinctive evaluation tools and transformational insight. The unit publishes a range of highly visible and influential rankings of international universities including the QS World University Rankings® which reaches a global audience in excess of 100 million people, as well as operating a range of commercially successful reporting, evaluation and bespoke consultancy services for individual universities.
We are searching for a passionate Head of Analytics Product to help us serve the data needs of the higher education industry worldwide.
As Head of Analytics Product, you will lead a team of product managers and developers that turns QS insights into commercial data products to enable university professionals to make more evidence-based decisions. The Analytics Team creates and delivers an established suite of dashboard products, which include insights on market reputation, university rankings results, and prospective student information.
The successful candidate will guide the next generation of QS insight solutions.
In particular you will:
- Manage a globally dispersed team to prioritize new activities while continuing to achieve delivery targets for current clients
- Formalize a customer feedback program that leads to product enhancements, targeted innovation and the identification of new product opportunities
- Map the competitive landscape for analytics solutions within higher education and beyond to ensure QS products continue to evolve and are well positioned in the market
- Work with global universities to understand what data and insights that higher education institutions need to effectively recruit students and make strategic operational decisions
- Drive process improvements by documenting current efforts and further automating routine tasks
- Collaborate with B2B marketing teams to build thought leadership content based on QS Analytics findings
- Support the sales team with resources to effectively engage and retain clients
- Serve on the senior management team for the QS Intelligence Unit to coordinate strategy and planning for the division
- Worth with data and technology teams to roadmap requirements and establish infrastructure as needs arise.
What is required?
- Proven experience working with digital product teams
- Proven managerial experience
- Strong understanding of data combined with the inclination to turn findings into actionable decisions
- Proven ability to communicate and work well with technical and non-technical staff across functional areas
What is preferred?
- Based in London, Europe, or elsewhere that can maintain a remote working schedule aligning with the rest of the team and periodically visit headquarters in the Camden area of London.
- Experience exploring insights with Tableau dashboards or other BI systems
- Familiarity with statistical programming packages such as R or Python.
- Understanding of database systems
- Knowledge of the higher education industry and an understanding of the challenges it faces today
- Experience working with international teams and clients
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈