Head of Analytics & Data Science
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Do you want to impact the lives of everyone by eliminating the timely task of going to the gas station? Booster has redesigned the logistical infrastructure to deliver gas and replaced the gas station with an App. Our technology and operational expertise enable Booster to deliver gas at the same price as traditional gas stations. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly challenging problems to create an experience for our customers that is magical.
Booster is powered by data. We have created and are continuing to create an innovative way for consumers and businesses to get gas by applying data, algorithms and machine learning to problems in logistics, retail, personalization, pricing and more.
About the Role
The Head of Analytics & Data Science is responsible for creating, shaping, and maintaining the Analytics function and will drive innovation throughout the department and organization to support its growing analytical needs. This is a highly visible role that will help guide current and future growth.
The ideal candidate will have high interest in working at the intersection of business, operations research, product experimentation, engineering development, and data science. Moreover, this role will lead and grow a top-notch analytics team to develop and apply quantitative solutions related to Booster's uniquely challenging problems.
What You Will Be Doing
- Tackle the most impactful challenges of Booster's business through data:
- Delivery network and dispatch operations
- Demand forecasting and price elasticity
- Service recommendations
- Estimated time of arrival
- Optimal service locations configuration and many more
- Define the data strategy for Booster overall, including Product analytics, experimentation, instrumentation, and Data Science
- Create and design new concepts around operational efficiencies and rationalize business improvements through the capture, analysis, and output of data
- Source and implement the tools and technology to manage and oversee proper and effective data governance and reporting. Own the structure, cleanliness, and validation of internal data sets from multiple sources. Define and communicate a common methodology for company-wide metrics owned or monitored by multiple stakeholders
- Serve as an internal data consultant and partner with internal business units, such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, FP&/A and Technology
- Perform proactive business analysis and drill down on business challenges, providing conclusions and advice derived from data analysis
- Develop and maintain KPI’s with operational leadership and ensure data warehouse and supporting databases effectively support the needs of the organization
- Lead the execution data project while balancing common sense and solid precision
- Partner with Product and Business leaders to build data-centric solutions to that impact the business
- Build, develop, and mentor a team of ambitious data analysts and scientists
- Perform as a hands-on leader, personally owning critical initiatives and driving towards execution
- Discover and create new opportunities to put our data to work in service of our customers
- Partner with the Engineering organization to define the data infrastructure for Booster
- Serve as a data evangelist and support the transformation to a data-informed culture while teaching associates how to ‘Think Like A Scientist’
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative field, such as Operations Research, Economics/Econometrics, or Machine Learning preferred
- Demonstrated experience with research methodologies to address abstract business and product problems with utmost precision, while staying grounded in common sense
- Demonstrated ability to make complex problems simple and communicate complex information to an internal and external audience
- 4+ years industry experience in data analytics and quantitative modeling required
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a startup environment required
- 3-5 years of demonstrated team leadership experience
- Demonstrated judgment and creative problem-solving skills. Solid common sense and business acumen
- Demonstrated interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience with common analysis tools - SQL, Python, R, etc. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter with relentless personal drive tasks to completion
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and drive multiple initiatives at once, while having a single-minded focus on top priorities
- Demonstrated ability to strive in fast-paced, highly ambiguous environments. Sense of humor required
- Management Consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience with operations, routing, dispatch, logistics modelization
- Demonstrated experience leading a distributed team, deeply embedded in multiple functions and businesses
About Our Benefits
- Keep Everyone Healthy. We know that you work to take care of your loved ones. That’s why we offer benefits that cover you and your family including 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage.
- Get a Boost. Take advantage of the Booster employee fuel discount and get gas at cost!
- Recharge Your Batteries. We have unlimited responsible PTO. Take the quality time you need, when you need it. Take care of personal stuff. Stop and smell the roses. This is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Invest in You. Utilize our highly-rated savings matches to help meet your long-term financial goals.
- Be Part of Something. Not only will you get to build something that could redefine consumer behavior, you’ll be an owner. Get Early Stock Options at a fast-growing startup with strong VC backing.
- Toast and Learn. Enjoy time with your teammates. We take pride in our collaborative office environment and the journey we are on together. We know we are going to make mistakes, but we do so with a growth mindset. We never point fingers or laugh at each other. However, we laugh with each other – A LOT.
Some Background on Us
TELEMUNDO, Gasolina a domicilio en San José
Individuals seeking employment at Booster are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
Booster does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Booster doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Booster.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈