Engineering Manager (Pipeline)
1 week ago
Hiring from: USA Only
X-Mode’s mission is empowering innovation with quality location with a vision to set the standard for location. This will enable companies to create a more connected tomorrow by making their products and services a reality.
With 60M+ global panel, a first-party, privacy compliant SDK-driven publisher network of 400+ mobile apps, X-Mode supplies its products & services to hundreds of clients in various sectors: digital advertising, market research, location services, financial services, real estate, and smart cities. As an industry leader in providing high-quality dense location data, X-Mode takes the appropriate measures to put the right data privacy and protection policies in place as well as ensure we are transparent with our publishers and enterprise clients.
X-Mode is looking for an experienced engineering manager to lead and manage a team focused on building X-Mode’s big data platform and pipelines. You will lead a team of highly skilled engineers to build production data pipelines capable of delivering the terabytes of geospatial data that power meaningful solutions for organizations of all types. You will be responsible for mentoring and developing this team, and for influencing the future of the X-Mode’s Data Platform.
This position is full-time remote (anywhere in the U.S.). Please note that at this time, X-Mode is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own execution and guide roadmap for X-Mode’s data ingestion pipeline and delivery platform
- Establish processes to ensure timely delivery of high quality data with low latency.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to direct reports who are distributed across multiple geographies.
- Influence the future technology choices of the data platform.
- Drive technical projects to success against timelines and budget
- Identify opportunities for new feature development and end to end system optimizations.
- Recruit world-class engineering talent, define clear career paths, and evolve the organizational structure of team as it grows
- Foster a culture of collaboration, accountability, and inclusivity that helps maximize productivity and professional growth for engineers.
- Remove/solve blockers for your team on a wide range of technical problems
- 8+ years building complex data pipelines and big data management systems
- 5+ years leading and growing teams of highly skilled software engineers
- Significant experience leading geographically distributed teams across multiple timezones
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for collaboration with partner teams, product management and executives
- Production experience with our back-end tech stack on the pipeline, including the Hadoop ecosystem, e.g. AWS cloud services, Spark, Hive, Presto; Scala (and/or Functional Programming/ JVM languages); SQL-based data architectures; Linux;
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Atlassian tools (Confluence, Bitbucket, and JIRA)
- Have proven success in delivering highly reliable and scalable software systems
- Strong sense of empathy for your team and maintain a deep respect for their happiness and careers
- Enjoys and thrives at working in fast-paced and dynamic environment and building teams from the ground up
- Any past experience with geolocation data is a plus
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the "ground floor" of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈