Director of Data Science
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EMEA Only
- Define and guide the short-term and long-term data strategy for the Shop product line.
- Partner with other functional teams such as Engineering, Product, & Design to identify unsolved user and business needs resulting in data powered solutions that scale.
- Provide technical leadership to our data science teams and lead them as they analyze data, implement statistical techniques, create data visualisations, and build data pipelines (using Python, Spark, SQL, Mode, Tableau...etc).
- Cultivate a data-informed culture and deliver meaningful insights that drive product roadmaps and optimize business strategies.
- Drive excellent practices for establishing metrics & KPIs to drive cross-functional alignment.
- Collaborate with peer leaders in the product line Data Science team (and the broader Data org) to improve and drive the group-wide Data Science & Engineering vision.
- Team development - Extensive experience around building and pruning teams from the ground up. You’ll have a demonstrated track record of attracting top data/analytics talent, developing high-performance teams, and a knack for keeping top talent happy, challenged, and impactful.
- Product mindset - You have a product gene that enables you to get to the root of problems faced by customers and users and to create data solutions and products to solve these challenges.
- Analytics expertise - You’ll need to be amazing at coming up with new and meaningful metrics to measure the success of Shop products. You’ll be equally strong at making sure the data needed to support these metrics is consistent and available.
- Well-balanced skills - People have trouble pinning you down. Both business and technical teams claim you as their own. You are equal parts technical and functional (and both are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- Passionate about business strategy - You’ve experienced and thrived in similar channel-related environments and have a knack for working with business users that are responsible for top-line growth.
- Experience at scale - You’ve been a leader in multiple tech companies where analytics on top of massive data sets drives product and business decisions.
- Great communicator - You’re an exceptional communicator capable of telling the story behind the data and its resulting insights to small and large audiences, including technical and non-technical groups.
- Cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), AWS
- Large-scale data-platform tools
- Data Storage and Access: HDFS, Presto
- Data processing/integration: Kafka, SparkAnalytics
- Datastores: AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery
- Visualization: D3, Mode Analytics, Tableau
- Programming languages: Python, Scala
- SQL and debugging SQL queries
- Analytical techniques
- Background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Experimentation: A/B test design and analysis, natural & quasi-natural experiments
- Search and Discovery algorithms
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EMEA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈