Director of Data Engineering
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Remote, USA, Full-Time - MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES
How can you apply your technical expertise to help clients transform data into new business value?
4 Mile Analytics is a full-service consultancy with expertise in strategy, data analytics, data engineering, software development, UX design, and product/project management. We believe in the power of data to form compelling narratives that drive innovation. Our guiding principle is to help our clients move up the chain of analytic maturity.
Our consultancy has delivered projects to transform the world's largest companies. We focus on pragmatic solutions to our clients' most complex data problems. Every day presents fresh opportunities to develop your technical, leadership, and business skills.
We value in our teammates:
- Curious minds who are inclined to ask, “Why?”
- Strong problem-solvers who are comfortable in unfamiliar situations, and can view challenges through multiple perspectives
- Drive to develop technical skills for oneself and teammates
- Ability to connect with clients and colleagues of different backgrounds and communication styles, through empathy and clear verbal, visual, and written communication
- Equates professional achievement with happy end-users
You'll work on the following:
- Grow 4 Mile's Data Engineering practice to capture services market share
- Define and refine the consulting practice's charter and processes
- Manage a team of Senior Data Engineers and Solutions Architects to deliver a wide variety of data engineering projects, in collaboration with other 4 Mile practice areas
- Provide hands-on solutions architecture and data engineering to support client deliveries (see linked job descriptions, above), in some cases owning the client relationship
- As a member of 4 Mile's management team:
- Provide strategic guidance and insight on data engineering, including industry trends and market opportunities
- Collaborate on company-wide strategic initiatives
- Help land new clients and expand existing engagements, ideally bringing new business with you
- Be the public face of data engineering at 4 Mile, promoting yourself and the company as data engineering thought leaders
- This position reports to the CEO
What we're looking for:
- Qualifications for our Solutions Architect and Senior Data Engineer positions, plus 10+ years of experience in engineering management, data engineering, software engineering, sales engineering, consulting, IT architecture, or product management.
- Demonstrated ability to grow and manage an engineering services team and, ideally, a consulting practice
- Demonstrated skills in people management and mentorship
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈