Director of Data Analytics
Benefits Data Trust
1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Director of Data ANALYTICS
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) is a national nonprofit harnessing the power of data, technology, and policy to provide efficient and dignified access to assistance, improving people's health and financial security. BDT seeks to be an anti-racist organization and create modern, anti-racist public benefits systems that enable every eligible person to receive assistance with dignity. BDT embraces the Data for Good movement and philosophy and has almost doubled in size over the last 18-months. The data demands are growing exponentially. BDT seeks a capable, mission-driven Director of Data Analytics to lead the ongoing duties of the Data Analytics team, including data file transfer and outreach dataset management, call center and direct marketing campaign analyses, development and maintenance of internal and external reports, ongoing call center forecasting, ad hoc reporting, and ongoing enhancement and expansion of our products providing data reporting analytics to our clients. The Director will also be responsible for developing and implementing a plan to coach, lead, and manage dynamic team members to meet organizational objectives and grow their professional skills and capabilities.
The Director of Data Analytics will focus the department on continual analytical improvement, implementing cutting-edge analytical solutions, and developing internal segmentation and response modeling methodologies.
The Director of Data Analytics will report to the Chief level inside the organization and will serve as a member of the organization's senior leadership team with fellow directors.
Your areas of primary focus will be:
- Build on and manage the current team of data analysts, and ultimately, hire data scientist(s)
- Guide team to standardize and optimize data infrastructure and reporting measures
- Work with the Architecture & Engineering team to build data collection and analysis into the organization's DNA
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments to quantify client impact of proposed product enhancements
- Design and implement statistical models and business rules that enhance how the organization serves its clients
- Provide comprehensive analytics while balancing legal, privacy, and security concerns for our client's and partners' data
- Implement Business Intelligence platform solutions and create self-service solutions with robust metadata layers that empower a dispersed community of business analysts
- Support research, healthcare, and program teams in evaluation of outcomes, creating recommendations for improvement
- Support and mentor other Directors in thinking about how the organization can use data analytics tools and, ultimately, machine learning to further the mission
- This role will also be responsible for representing the organization at meetups and conferences within the “Data for Good” community, highlighting both organizational impact and best practices for harnessing data within the nonprofit sector
- Stay current with technical best practices and industry trends and advise and educate management on their importance
- In collaboration with the chief level, lead strategic planning, roadmap development, and operational planning for your areas
You will know you are successful if…
- The Analytics team and the Architecture & Engineering parts of BDT's data technology ecosystem work cohesively and harmoniously
- You have implemented an operating Business Intelligence program and created self-service solutions with robust metadata layers that empower a community of business analysts
- The value of BDT's data is unlocked through both descriptive enterprise reporting and operationalized predictive analytics
- You successfully collaborate with your peers to deliver solutions that successfully drive the adoption of new platforms and processes
- Your stakeholders are delighted by the excellence, impact, and delivery-focused mindset of your team
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Statistics, Computer Science, or associated field
- Demonstrated experience in building/expanding teams of data scientists and data analysts required
- Comfortable working with large datasets (data collection, curation, and analysis) and designing systems that can effectively work with them
- Experience leading a project from conception to release, particularly in environments of ambiguity. Demonstrated ability to help track projects and ensure deliverables/scope are clearly communicated and managed
- Experience with a variety of analytic and data management software
- Knowledge or experiences in agile/lean SDLC
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and communication skills, a detail-oriented personality, and a collaborative spirit
- A commitment to being attentive, persistent, and flexible while remaining conscious and protective of the organization's integrity and purpose
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse team members in an inter-disciplinary environment and manage multiple and competing priorities
- Expertise in presenting quantitative models and concepts to a non-quantitative audience
- Excited by the idea of mentoring team members and promoting a culture of data literacy across the organization
- Commitment to the organization's values and working collaboratively across the organization to support and communicate these values
Benefits Data Trust (BDT) harnesses the power of data, technology, and policy to provide efficient and dignified access to assistance, improving people's health and financial security. Together with a national network of government agencies and other partners, we streamline public benefits systems and directly connect eligible families and individuals to programs that help pay for food, healthcare, housing, and more. A nonprofit since 2005, BDT has secured more than $7.5 billion in benefits for households across the country, building pathways to economic mobility and a more equitable future. Learn more about BDT -- a proud recipient of a Top 2021 Best Workplaces USA Award -- at BDTrust.org.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈