Director of Data & Analytics
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America
TheGuarantors is a Fintech whose innovative products optimize the relationships between landlords, leasing staff, brokers, renters, and tenants by concurrently taking risk out of the leasing process and making it more efficient. We have achieved 250% year over year growth the last 3 years, successfully raised $15M in a Series B, and are actively expanding our footprint nationwide.
We have been recognized by Forbes (America's Best Startup Employer 2020), CNBC (2018 Upstart 100), CRETEch (#1 Information & Intelligence in Finance), and listed on the 2019 Insurtech 100, and we're backed by VCs who have also invested in LinkedIn and Slack, amongst others.
As the Director of Data & Analytics at TheGuarantors, you will be a part of our engineering team, working closely with product managers and business stakeholders on organizing business data models and flows, and improving 3rd party integrations. As an owner of the data model that's in the heart of TheGuarantors business, you will be one of the key engineers of the technology that powers our organization. Responsibilities will involve constant improvements to our database schemas to make sure models closely match business requirements, and writing code that synchronizes data between systems and tools.
Our engineering culture is based on psychological safety: mutual trust, empathy, and freedom to experiment. We strive to deeply understand the systems we are building and empower others to understand them. We foster an environment where everyone is empowered to do their best work and have a track record of helping people take the next step in their careers.
- 6+ years of work experience in Data Architect, Data Scientist, Software Engineer, Data Analyst, Database Admin or similar roles
- Strong ability to distill business requirements into sensible and scalable data models
- Strong software engineering skills, including deep understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Deep understanding of databases and database management systems
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with predictive analysis and data visualization techniques is a plus
- BSc in Computer Science is a plus
- Identify important data attributes, their interdependence, and provide insights on data interpretation
- Evaluate business data models and data flows across the organization, and work with stakeholders on improving them
- Organize business data at the macro and micro level
- As a member of the engineering team, work closely with the product management team and teams that make heavy use of business data
- Provide help with data modeling, in both design and implementation stages
- Refactor existing data models
- Contribute code that implements schema and data migrations
- Contribute code that implements data input/output endpoints
- Contribute algorithms and code for data synchronization (e.g. with 3rd party data stores)
- Establish business data quality rules
- Define data security policies
Salary, Benefits, and Perks
- Competitive salary
- Health benefits
- Flexible work from home schedule (*remote through mid-2021 with option to use office space in the interim)
- Coffee, beer, and snacks and more than just the basics
- Monthly catered lunches for all employees as a venue to connect and build bridges
- Group activities for teams, from lunches to sports outings and events
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America .
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈