Director of Applied Research / Data Science
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: North America Only
- Provide decision support to the whole company by doing analysis, building predictive models, creating reports - doing whatever it takes - to support data needs across the organization.
- Becoming domain experts in all aspects of the Scribd business, product, and data model; use this expertise to provide advice to all teams in the usage of our data.
- Solve ambiguous problems.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the highest-impact opportunities.
- A bachelor's degree or higher in math, stats, CS, or physics, or equivalent experience.8 to 10 years of progressive experience, including a couple of years at the management level.
- Solid professional experience in data science, and familiarity with at one or more of the following; NLP, recommendation systems, neural networks, predictive modeling.
- Experience writing in SQL. Experience with a scripting language like Python, R, etc.
- Knowledge of A/B testing.
- Experience designing metrics such as success metrics.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves to achieve goals.
- The ability to adapt as our company grows and evolves.
- Different companies/business models.
- Experimental design or deep learning.
- Building a small team.
- Working remotely from your supervisor.
- Health & Welfare Benefits: Scribd pays 100% of employee’s Medical, Vision, and Dental premiums and 60% of dependents.
- Leaves: Paid Parental leave, and 100% company paid short-term/long-term disability plans
- 401k plan through Fidelity, plus company matching with no vesting period
- Stock Options - every employee is an owner in Scribd!
- Generous Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Volunteer Day + office closure between Christmas Eve and New Years Day
- Catered meals - breakfast, lunch & dinner catered 5 days/week
- Referral bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion programs
- Learning & Development and Coaching programs
- Monthly Wellness benefit + free onsite gym
- Luma by Concern, our mental health digital platform
- Work Life Balance flexibility
- Company events + Scribdchats
- Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: North America Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈