Director of Analytics
3 months ago
Job type: Other
Hiring from: USA Only
Founded by Fintech executives from LearnVest, N26 and Stash and backed by Bain Capital Ventures, Homebrew and Inspired Capital, Orum is powering the future of financial services by enabling immediate, frictionless money movement. Orum's API-based product gives enterprise customers unique funds availability modeling, empowering them with the information required to shift to real-time payments, and then grants access to real-time payment rails without necessitating a bank integration. Orum’s flagship product, Foresight is currently available via Private Beta.
We’re a remote-first company building a geographically distributed team. We believe that working remotely presents a unique opportunity to build a diverse team that opportunistically leverages distance to asynchronously work better. If you’d like to play a part in crystallizing the vision of a world where money is smart, real time, and fully automated, we’d love to hear from you.
As an early hire on the Data Science team, you will play a key role in building out our Analytics function. The ideal candidate has experience leading small teams and teaching others the nuances of Scala and Machine Learning. Comfortable with the unknown of an early stage company, you enjoy working the technical details and research in executing on complex problems. You are a strong communicator and enjoy coaching more junior team members.
- Build Analytics as a pillar of excellence at Orum
- Create robust reporting practices and procedures
- Contribute to data architecture designs for efficiently scaling our data
- Collaborate on building efficient data pipelines and workflows with our engineering team
- Ensure your teammates have an understanding of the expectations of their respective roles and provide regular, timely, actionable feedback to assess their performance
- Keep your team aligned with the overall focus of the company through regular review of company-wide objectives and key results
- Ensure your team consistently makes and meets analytics commitments
- Facilitate collaboration with key stakeholders in Product Management, Design, Engineering, and CX
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of experience as a data scientist
- High proficiency in econometric or machine learning modeling, SQL, and Python
- High proficiency in Linux, Scala, and R
- Experience interfacing with Executives on strategic decisions and influencing with data
- Curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and teach
- Interest in financial systems and consumer behavior
- The ability to operate with a “good vibes only” mindset and brings a can-do outlook
- Strong communication skills with the ability to understand and teach advanced concepts to non technical colleagues
We offer medical, dental and vision health plans, as well as other benefits including a 401K.
Orum.io provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈