Development Manager-Data Analytics
6 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Canada Only
Who we are:
[Haven’t heard of us? That’s ok - ask your CPA or CA friend - they’ll talk your ear off!]
CaseWare is the great, Toronto-headquartered technology company you’re going to hear more and more about, as we continue to evolve our products and grow our team. We are a product-driven company, supporting accounting firms, corporations, and governments. With innovation, efficiency, quality and value in mind, we build market software solutions for auditors that push the technological boundaries in the industry. With a global reach, today our solutions enable business-critical work for users in 130 countries and in 16 spoken languages. We have a track record of success building great products and teams by always putting our customers first, and have over 30 years of deep expertise in the space. CaseWare is now in our next growth phase and needs incredible talent - like you.
The long and short: We are building great products to support customers we care deeply about. To do that we need incredible talent. Interested? Read more below on how you can be a part of the CaseWare journey.
A bit about the role & team | the opportunity:
[TLDR; We’re bringing data science to the audit. Come help us change the world.]
The rules for audit and assurance are different in every part of the world. That’s why we’ve built a web platform that enables our global distributor network to develop and customize products that fit their individual market needs. CaseWare’s Data Analytics suite is laser-focused on modernizing how the audit works in accounting firms, corporations, and governments worldwide.
We’re looking for a remote Development Manager to manage up to 10 remote developers. This is a solid, innovative, group of people who are actively building a critical part of CaseWare’s V2 RESTful API using Spring Microservices.
Highlight of your responsibilities
[Impossible to highlight everything, but this gives you a solid glimpse]
- Lead technical design discussions within the team
- Create prototypes for your team to implement
- Research and break down large initiatives into iterative coding tasks
- Build upon our best practices and coding standards
- Contribute to the codebase as needed (chores, simple features etc.)
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality
- Share knowledge, and provide mentorship during 1-on-1s with the team
The tech stack you’ll be working with
[We try to use the right tool for the job. Here is what your team is using today]
- Angular 9
- AWS EMR (Presto, Spark, Hadoop)
- AWS Aurora (Postgres)
- GitHub for our source code
- LucidChart for diagrams & collaboration
- JIRA to manage our backlog
- Our devs prefer to use IntelliJ (IDEA)
- We use GSuite (mail, drive, meet, docs, sheets, etc.)
Snapshot of problems you’ll be solving
[Read below and see if this gets you excited; there are some cool things to tackle and where you will have a tremendous impact]
- Rallying a team of developers to deliver high-performant APIs that manage some of the world’s most sensitive data. Security and performance are always at the top of mind here.
- Addressing the complex challenges that come up when software and data-driven financial audits collide.
- Improving and designing our SDK to enable developers to build custom solutions for audit firms to securely access their customer’s financial data.
We are looking for someone who
[You won’t see words like max of min years of experience down below. What you will see is value in YOUR experiences and mindset ]
- Automates the boring stuff. You take humans out of the equation where you can
- Thrives in ambiguity. With innovation, there is often no straight answer
- Driven by continuous innovation. You stay up to date with tech trends
- Action-oriented. When you see a problem you help solve it
- Transparent by nature. You are clear about the challenges you face
- Strengthened by peer feedback. You continuously grow and improve yourself
- Empathetic and lack an ego. You are team-oriented rather than a lone wolf
- A seeker of efficiency. You improve processes that help us work better, faster & smarter
Who you will work with
[Because we know it’s all about the people; the amazing folks who are mission-driven; the team you will be working alongside to do incredible work in service of the CaseWare team and in support of our business goals]
Members of Data AnalyticsXerxes Noble
Your partners across CaseWare
Why join CaseWare:
[You’ve made it this far; you must be intrigued! Thanks for reading - here’s a bit more on our culture. We believe new team members have the opportunity to positively impact the business and our culture]
At the heart of CaseWare is our unique culture, which lays the foundation for who we are, what we do, and where we are going. In this digital age, driving innovation involves transforming the way people think and act. With this in mind, Caseware is committed to three core values—Community, Excellence, and Innovation. These values support our vision, informs our culture, our behavior and enables us to provide our clients with greater efficiency, quality, and value.
To give you an idea of what we mean, here are our core values:
- Have fun creating great customer experiences
- Your work is a reflection of you
- Celebrate us all the time
- Ego is the enemy
- Impossible – What’s that?
- S* happens – adjust and learn
- Don’t be afraid of chaos and discomfort
- Do what you say & say what you mean
- Give abundantly to your family, team and communities
Some more, important stuff:
At CaseWare, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. As such, we strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We aspire to make CaseWare the place where you bring your authentic self and thrive.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Canada Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈