1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Australia Only
Employment Hero is one of Australia's fastest-growing tech companies. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small to medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. Having expanded globally in late 2020 we will continue to grow rapidly in 2021 and beyond.
We believe in distributed employment and take a ‘Remote First' approach with our team. We don't mind if you live in Broome, Bendigo or Bondi, if you've got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you.
Due to our rapid expansion, we're hiring several newly created roles in our Core Technology team. The new Database Developer will take the lead on database design, development, testing, and performance tuning.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Analyse, maintain and optimise Employment Hero databases
- Own and report on performance metrics of SQL and non-SQL databases
- Regular identification and improvement of slow-running queries and related optimisations
- Work closely with the Engineering team to improve applications and establish best practices for database performance and concurrency
- Drive currency and upgrades of database platforms
- Proven track record of designing and developing database solutions, with solid understanding of SQL-based database structures, theories & practices
- 5+ years designing, running and optimising large and complex database systems on a PostgreSQL platform
- Knowledge and experience running databases within the AWS cloud platform (AWS RDS, AWS Aurora)
- Experience within a microservices-based architecture and its influence on database design
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skillsBachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
These things would be an added bonus - but they aren't required
- Experience working with and managing non-SQL database platforms
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Work from home available
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- Our Sydney office is dog friendly and remains open for team meetings, collaboration days and those who need a day away from their home office (we are a COVID-safe workspace for those who choose to use it!)
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Virtual yoga classes
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Access to the EH Employee Benefits Program and Hero Rewards Shop, of course!
Why Join Employment Hero?
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
* Dynamic Business Top 10 Entrepreneurs, our CEO Ben Thompson ranked #2
* BRW Most Innovative Companies 2015
* Anthill Smart 100 List 2015
* Startup Daily Top 50 Emerging Leaders 2015
* HRD Employer of Choice Award 2015
* Aon Hewitt Best Employers 2013
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place:Australia Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈