1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Aptive has an exciting opportunity for a Database Assessor who loves working on a project as it develops from concept to completion. The ideal candidate should be proactive, curious, and dedicated to our clients, their customers, our employees, willing to provide exceptional customer service.
This full-time position is in Fairfax, VA, Baltimore, MD, or Remote. Please note until COVID-19 social distancing restrictions are lifted, this position will be fully remote.
- 5+ years' experience minimum
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
- The Database Assessor is responsible for examining the database configuration for the various databases that are part of the General Support System (GSS), including but not limited to Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL databases
- Attaining an accurate understanding of how the database(s) support the system
- Using automated tools to scan the database server(s) to identify vulnerabilities and export running configurations
- Performing an analysis of the implemented database baselines
- Identifying deviations from best security practices
- Recording findings and consulting with other assessors and the Security Assessment Lead to verify/corroborate findings
- Writing findings for the daily briefing
- Interviewing database administrators
- Database findings during the daily stakeholder briefing
- 7+ years' experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree/Master's degree preferred
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈