Database Adminstrator (PostgreSQL)
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
M3 Global Research, part of M3 Inc., provides the most comprehensive and highest quality market research recruitment and support services available to the industry with relationships reaching respondents in more than 70 countries worldwide.
M3 Global Research maintains ISO 26362 and 27001 certifications with the highest quality data collection and project management capabilities that cover the spectrum of quantitative and qualitative techniques utilized today. M3 services incorporate all of the most advanced statistical and attitudinal methodologies allowing clients to provide world-class offerings and support services to their end-client customers throughout multiple industry sectors. Due to our continued growth and expansion, M3 is seeking an experienced Database Administrator to join our Global Research division.
The PostgreSQL DBA should have experience in cloud hosted environment managing backup recovery, replication, high availability, designing and managing schema, monitoring diagnosing and optimizing database performance. Using your experience, you will develop and maintain technical standards, procedures, and documentation. You will also maintain highly available system supporting PostgreSQL database in multi-region and container environments. This person will work with business owners, engineers and other groups to design strong reliable solutions.
- Work alongside our cloud infrastructure team to plan, administer, maintain and secure PostgreSQL databases in an AWS environment.
- Define standard practices and procedures for operational support, writing and updating documentation
- Ensure systems are running at the highest possible performance level as well as analyzing and tuning queries.
- Analyze database changes requested by the Agile development teams for impacts to database designs, naming standards, design standards, data conversions, and documentation.
- Desire to learn about the data and it’s use to make recommendations for improvements in how it is stored and processed
- Build and maintain highly available systems to ensure maximum up time. This includes Postgres databases in containers
- Work in unity with our Business Intelligence (BI) team to design, build and maintain Data Warehouse for BI and analytics
- Manage system security and protect PII data.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of PostgreSQL DBA
- Hands-on experience and in-depth knowledge of AWS database offerings (e.g. RDS, Aurora, and Dynamo)
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development
- Demonstrated experience in data modeling tools.
- Experience with Data Warehousing and utilizing ETL tools such as AWS Glue
- Experience working with PostgreSQL database in containers
- Knowledge of Oracle a plus
A career opportunity with M3 USA offers competitive wages, and benefits such as:
- Health and Dental
- Life, Accident and Disability Insurance
- Prescription Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Plan and Match
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Sick Days and Personal Day
*M3 reserves the right to change this job description to meet the business needs of the organization
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈