Data Visualization Specialist
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
We are looking for a world-class Data Visualization Specialist to join our remote-first and globally distributed team at Crunch.io—the platform for collaborative data analysis. In this role, you will be working with a team of data scientists, industry experts, market research organizations, designers, and engineers; creating cutting-edge data visualizations for companies ranging from small-to-medium sized businesses to Fortune 500 organizations.
- Able to design/develop industry-leading data visualizations based on an understanding of common and more fine-grained data visualization/representation challenges, data problems, and eventually; relating to the use cases of our current/prospective customers.
- Understands the tradeoffs between graphics paradigms and speaking multiple visualization grammars, and how they relate to the data we have and that we’re trying to represent. (Recognizing that we have scales and what it means when these data oppose each other on different axis.)
- In this role, you will lead data-driven decisionmaking with the team about which languages, frameworks, and libraries we should use to visualize customer data that is best matched to the twin challenges of exploratory data analysis and analytic presentation.
- Cultivate your knowledge and ours, and help educate our team in your areas of expertise.
- Bring a critical eye to our work, and patience to refine it with us until we meet your standards.
- Deep domain expertise of data science, statistical analysis, and data visualization
- Adept at interacting with JSON REST APIs with standard tools (e.g., Postman)
- Fluency with a Git/GitHub version control workflow (though not primarily a coding role, you’ll work closely with our team of developers)
- Comfortable in a remote-first and internationally-distributed startup environment:
- Able to figure out what questions to ask and how to get answers
- Familiarity with Slack, Zoom, Google Meet, and similar
- Flexible scheduling across time zones
This is a full time, 100% remote role.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈