Data Solution Architect
Lifebit Biotech Ltd
4 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Europe Only
At Lifebit, we carve our own path. We're open-source pioneers and our driving mission is to revolutionise bioinformatics and biomedical data analysis forever.
Our product, Lifebit CloudOS, is the world’s first federated genomics platform for unified, secure research over distributed big data. No one has anything close. Think best-in-class UI/UX, seamless integration with open-source tools, powerful cohort browser, advanced AI. We’re leading the industry and leaving competitors in the dust. We intend to keep it that way.
While we know our technology is unmatched, we also know we can keep making it greater without an exceptionally strong team to help take it to incredible new heights. (We’ve got some really big plans afoot...).
If you share our commitment to open source, bioinformatics, big data, Machine Learning, and AI we want to hear from you today.
As a Data Solution Architect in our team, you will spend time between supporting our business team, improving our data standardisation offer and building ETL pipelines. In the team, you will:
Business support tasks (70%):
- Provide clinical and genomic data solutions to clients
- Support the business team with client demos, presentations and tenders
- Engage with Lifebit clients and keep them excited about our products and services
- Gather insights and experiences from every project and client to feed it to the rest of the team
- Help and train team members and collaborators working with Lifebit products and services
Technical tasks (30% time):
- Drive integration of the platform with common data models (e.g. OMOP)
- Main synthetic data datasets
- Build and understand ETL/data ingestion pipelines
- Provide upgrades, patches and maintenance of ETL pipelines
- Provide professional data support assistance
We are looking for a pioneering Data Solution Architect to join our team today. The role requirements below are just an indication of what we’re looking for - sometimes the perfect candidate is far more or less experienced than we anticipated. If you think that might be your case, please reach out and let us know!
You have demonstrable knowledge and experience in data science and have a strong business acumen, specifically you have experience in:
- 2+ years experience working with Python and/or R
- 2+ years experience in OMOP ETL and mapping
- Proficient in GitHub/Git
- Problem-solving attitude and customer-oriented
- Strong business acumen and interest
- Have strong communication skills, both oral and written, with attention to detail
- MSc/PhD in genomic/life science (or similar)
Additionally, we are looking for candidates who:
- 2+ years experience in RDBMS (e.g. mySQL, mongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redshift)
- Sales and/or business certifications
- Creating interactive applications either through Python, R Shiny or similar frameworks
- Working experience in working with AWS environment
- Experience with FHIR data model
- Experience in analysing clinical trials data
- Using workflow containers, including Docker and Singularity
- Good understanding of machine learning applications in the pharma industry
- Have experience with population genetics, genome-wide association studies
- £35k-75k salary dependent on experience and your location, and generous stock options
- 25 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Monthly team activities
- Conferences, events, and training resources (Data science, AI, cloud, any tech stack, painting, origami, you pick!) - we offer £1,000 a year to each person for personal development)
- An international and diverse team
- Exposure to problems and applications in the cloud, data analysis, ML, life sciences, and big data fields
Lifebit is on the cutting edge of the biotechnology revolution.
In April 2020, we closed our Series A funding round with tremendous support from new and existing investors. With offices in London and Lisbon, Lifebit is a diverse team spanning Europe and North America, with each person empowered and involved in every aspect of the business.
Please check out some of the open-source projects our team has worked on:
YLOViZ Online: https://github.com/bfrgoncalves/Online-PhyloViZ
“Best open-source tech stack you’ll find! We’re collaborating every day with the most pioneering organizations on the planet, the smartest people who are leading and redefining bioinformatics. I could not imagine being anywhere else.” ~Dr. Claire-Alix Zapata, Head of Scientific Content, Lifebit
“Our leadership team lives and breathes our mission. Nowhere else can you be part of the decision making process on DAY ONE. Extreme ownership!” ~ Filippo Abbondanza, Bioinformatic Solution Architect, Lifebit
Here’s your chance to lead, to design, to own. To create.
Get in touch.
Please note - Keeping safe and healthy in the workplace is important at any time, but even more so in times like these. Therefore due to Covid-19 all staff members are now working remotely until further notice. Our hiring process is no exception - to protect you, our hiring team and others around, we will be arranging remote interviews with the successful candidates
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Europe Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈