Data Services Analyst
3 months ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
ABOUT BITFOCUS, INC.
Founded in 2003, Bitfocus, Inc. is changing the way communities nationwide integrate software, systems, data, and policy to innovate and strengthen the nation's social safety net. We develop software and administer data systems that affect and change lives, connecting our most vulnerable populations to the most effective resources available in their communities. Our products empower organizations and communities to better leverage their resources, helping them to become data-driven in their efforts in all areas of health, human, and social services.
Our diverse and inclusive culture has played a key role in our success at Bitfocus. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or disability.
About our Data Services Team:
Our Data Services team's mission is to promote a data driven decision-making culture to solve homelessness. We do this by combining a team of experts in data modeling, analytics, and integration with social services experience. From one-time data migrations into Clarity Human Services, to real-time dashboarding, the Data Services team plays an integral role is supporting communities to make data driven decisions.
The Data Integration Analyst will obtain, analyze, transform and load data from client file extracts into Clarity Human Services. They will work primarily with our client's staff as well as with internal Bitfocus staff. A passion for data, detail, and concern for data integrity is key to a candidate's success.
As a Data Services Analyst, you will:
- Initiate, analyze, design, develop, test and implement client data imports using a mixture of SQL, spreadsheets, and ETL tools.
- Consult with customers, enabling them to understand data requirements to integrate data files with Clarity Human Services.
- Cleanse, map and transform customer data to Clarity Human Services schema and data standards.
- Provide feedback to customers and work with them to resolve any discrepancies.
- Resolve any data related issues found post-production, including obtaining clarification from customers, correct data issues and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Perform value analyses as required to support integrations initiatives.
- Develop tools and/or methods to facilitate the above functions.
- Act as a subject matter expert and liaison with other areas within Clarity Human Services on data integration topics.
- Complete ad-hoc projects as assigned.
You will love this position if:
- You want to make an impact. You thrive on helping others and want your work to make a difference.
- You love data and use it to make decisions.
- You want to be part of a world class, dedicated, supportive team.
Required experience that drives success in this role:
- 1 – 3 years' experience in an IT or data integration environment.
- Strong SQL skills, including the ability to write queries and stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of data systems, including data relationships and data modeling with the ability to learn and understand various data environments.
- Effective written and oral communications skills in English.
- Ability to conduct meetings over the telephone and web.
- Sound planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple concurrent projects and priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Work independently and with others; self-directed and results-oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to learn new technologies to best solve data-related issues.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a completely remote company.
- A college degree (a major in information systems, computer science, mathematics, finance, accounting, statistics or related field is preferred).
- MariaDB/ MySQL experience preferred.
- PDI or another ETL software experience preferred.
- Data Analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau preferred
- Strong preference for experience in social services and/or HMIS experience.
How we'll support you:
- Work in a fully remote/virtual environment
- A unique, friendly and caring culture! Hear more from our employees on Glassdoor.
- Medical, dental, vision insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bitfocus primarily uses Apple computers; all new employees receive either an iMac or MacBook Pro to use in their role at Bitfocus
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈