Data Scientist USA - Anomaly Detection
Blue Orange Digital
3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: LATAM Only
This is a remote position within +/- 2 hours of Eastern Standard Timezones(NYC).
You will be joining a highly talented team of engineers and data scientists working on implementing production machine learning models in the media space. We are helping a large company optimize their production models and further improve accuracy by leveraging additional 3rd-party datasets. This role will require exploratory model testing, production system maintenance, and collaboration with technical SME to improve performance, accuracy, and methodology.
- Build machine learning models to solve forecasting, budgeting, optimization, and ranking problems.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across product and engineering teams to solve problems and deliver creative solutions.
- Deliver machine learning solutions all the way to production and optimize production implementations.
- Data cleaning and analysis, feature engineering, model training, and optimization in Python and Spark.
- BA/BS/MA degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience in data science, doing exploratory data analysis, testing hypotheses, and building predictive models.
- A strong background in advanced mathematics, statistics, data mining, and machine learning.
- Advanced experience in Python, proficiency with SQL, and experience with distributed computing frameworks like Spark.
- Demonstrable experience in working on optimization problems.
- Experience in Amazon AWS tools - SageMaker, S3, EC2, EMR
- Experience with Decision Support modeling (Anomaly Detection, Recommendation system, Fraud detection, Content Moderation)
- Applicants must have strong written and oral communication in English.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment
Founded by freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital aims to bring an engineering-first approach to the development agency model. We aim to work on projects that use the latest and greatest technologies. We care about the products we build and only work with clients who understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely distributed team with members all across the US and Latin America.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: LATAM Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈