Data Scientist - Source
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
trivago has gathered a lot of data about hotels, among others from Online Travel Agencies, hoteliers, and the public domain. How can we learn from these pieces of (sometimes contradictory) information in a way that helps our users to find their ideal hotel? This is the fundamental challenge that we are tackling in the Source team at trivago.
As a Data Scientist in the Source team, you will support us with this mission and contribute to our continuous cycle of improvement with your discoveries and ideas. Your work has the potential to have a direct impact on how millions of users’ search for their ideal hotel.
Ready for the challenge? Apply today!
- Apply your analytics and modelling skills to gain a better understanding of our large hotel inventory and create user-centric hotel profiles that let travelers answer these types of questions:
- “I’m interested in hiking in the French Alps, which accommodation is ideal for me?”
- “I’m traveling for two months on the East Coast with my Labrador, which accommodations are ideal for me?“
- “I like two comparable hotels in Vienna, what distinguishes them and which one is ideal for me?”
- “I want a value-for-money hotel or hostel in Sydney for my sightseeing trip, which one is ideal for me?”
- Translate the sea of data that trivago has into actionable insights and/or innovative prototypes.
- Design and execute data-driven approaches to validate your ideas as well as to measure the business impact.
- Collaborate closely with team members to develop ideas end-to-end, from data collection to shipping of a feature to the measuring of success.
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a similar field.
- 3-5 years of professional hands-on experience in data science or a related field, with a track record of delivering products/data that make business impact.
- Expertise in analytics, predictive modelling and/or data mining, using a scripting language like Python or R.
- Solid knowledge of SQL.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving, applying the Pareto principle, end-to-end thinking
- Autonomous and proactive way of working, flexibility and adaptiveness to changing environments.
- Openness in your way of thinking, adopting the sharing and learning culture of trivago.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent English (our company language).
- Experience in working in a cross-functional team with data scientists and software engineers.
- Experience in working with big data technologies and pipelines (GCP, Hive, Spark).
- Experience in working with image or natural language data.
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Our state-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/
Due to the current situation regarding COVID-19, we’ve shifted our operations to a completely remote setup in an attempt to help prevent the further spread of the coronavirus. This also means that all our interviews and onboarding activities will take place remotely using video conferencing.
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry in this time, but following changes to our strategy and core product, we’re now fully focused on driving the restart of the travel industry with our ability to adapt quickly and focus on our purpose. If you want more insight into our current strategy/outlook, follow our LinkedIn company updates.
We look forward to your application!
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈