Data Scientist - Level II/III
1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
- DotLab is looking for an experienced data scientist to join our dynamic research team and help develop a molecular diagnostic pipeline for endometriosis. The individual will help discover, interpret, and translate multi-dimensional molecular data from bench to clinical use through data integration, advanced modeling and analytic approaches.
- This is a remote position with some travel to the laboratory in Branford, CT. Candidates must be living in CT or NY.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide support to data science projects including analysis, querying, coding, visualization, modeling, and deployment
- Help design studies to profile molecular biomarkers and characterize sources of variation
- Develop innovative approaches to integrate and visualize complex data
- Use statistical and bioinformatics tools to identify candidate predictors from molecular and clinical data
- Collaborate with clinical, marketing, data- and life-sciences teams to help achieve company goals
- Communicate key findings to clinical and lab scientists
Education and Qualifications
- Master's Degree in statistics, computational biology, bioinformatics or another relevant field AND 2+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Strong scientific and statistical acumen: ability to translate scientific questions into testable hypotheses, apply appropriate methodology to test these hypotheses and answer the questions of interest.
- Demonstrated experience in processing, modeling and reporting omics data.
- Strong programming skills and demonstrated proficiency using machine learning methods with Keras, R, RMarkdown, shiny;
- Experience/exposure with designing and building processing pipelines.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, experience with cloud computing infrastructure is a plus.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, biochemistry, or related field is a plus.
- Experience with molecular biology technologies (qPCR, NGS, multi-omics platforms).
- Self-motivated, conscientious, with strong work ethic, ability to work independently, prioritize workload, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Collaborative and proactive attitude with excellent written and oral communication skills.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈