Data Scientist - Infrastructure and Compliance
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: Anywhere
eyeo is an open-source software company that builds products like Adblock Plus, Adblock Browser and Flattr. By leveraging distribution partnerships, we bring ad-blocking technology everywhere, giving users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the free content they provide.
In combining our reach based on distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 150 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
eyeo colleagues are based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
- Consult stakeholders in a wide range of data-related questions, supporting them on all stages from identifying which problems can be solved with data to training them how to make the best use of the self-service platform for their business goals
- Work with fellow Data Scientists to ensure quality through code reviews and share knowledge
- Convey complex ideas in a simple way to enable stakeholders to make informed decisions
- Collaborate with Data Engineers and other parts of the company to bring solutions to production
- Further the company’s ability to execute a data-driven strategy
- Perform analysis, create reports and visualizations
- An experienced data scientist with demonstrated success and a minimum of 4 years experience with real-life data
- Background in statistics (mathematics, natural sciences, economics, psychology, ...)
- Fluent in statistical programming with R (e.g. shiny, Rmarkdown) or Python
- Good working knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with consulting stakeholders and/or driving projects
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with version control and reviews
- Experience with GBQ, DataStudio, and related Google Cloud Platform services
- Experience working in a diverse environment
- Understanding of how the internet and web browsers work
- Knowledge of AdTech industry
- Interest in ML
- Work from home, one of our offices, or a co-working space—we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office, co-working space, or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 26 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: Anywhere.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈