1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Do you view yourself as a “left and right brained” thinker? We are hiring a data scientist to work closely with our marketers, PMs, engineers, and designers, and we need someone who has both capabilities. You should be a creative thinker who can empathize with our users, approach problems from unexpected angles, intuit good hypotheses to test, generate good feature ideas, and tell good stories about the data. At the same time, you are excellent at and have the training to analytically break down problems and then systematically and rigorously work towards optimal solutions and deep insights. In this role, you will have a major impact on how Vinovest builds its product to provide the best experience possible for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Work with key business stakeholders (product, growth, portfolio advisors, etc.) to refine ambiguous questions into concrete hypotheses that can be examined through testing and data analysis
- Use rigorous statistical approaches to design experiments and communicate findings that drive an iterative approach to improvement
- Perform deep-dive analysis to help develop a more nuanced understanding of our users, so that the team find new opportunities
- Build out our data pipelines and data models to aggregate and clean large datasets from multiple sources and lay the foundation for more automation
- Drive a culture where all members are data-driven in their decision making and move towards self-servicing through tools and understanding you have built
- Build and maintain LTV models, attribution models, and a framework for cohort segmentation and analysis
- Assist with various ad-hoc projects ranging from client analysis, investor reporting, and KPI tracking; ideally you will build tools to automate many of these
- Collaborate with engineers to design and validate robust data systems
- Create and maintain documentation on key internal data processes
- While the initial focus of the role is BI and analytics, with some modeling, there will be opportunities for pure data science/ML projects if interested (think algorithms to predict wine prices and developing portfolio building strategies)
Who You Are
- Proficient in SQL, Python (Data Science libraries are a plus), Tableau (Or similar BI tools), Data modeling (Relational DB and Warehouses), Excel/Google Sheets, and Reporting ETL automation
- Direct experience managing Business Intelligence deliverables (Analysis and Visualizations), experience with predictive analytics using Machine Learning is a plus
- Previous professional experience within a high growth startup a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently without need for constant oversight
- Strong storytelling skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally to non-technical audiences
- Adaptable to various environments and sudden changes
- Recognize that no job is too small and egos must not delay deliverables
- Display intellectual curiosity and seek opportunities for personal and professional improvement
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈