3 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: EU only
At MarketFinance, we celebrate ambitious business leaders. They bring strength to our economy and are building the world we all want to live in. MarketFinance is one of the UK's leading Fintechs and we use smart technology, backed by help from great people, to deliver flexible business finance solutions, directly and quickly. Our online platform and proprietary risk models enable us to provide business loans and advance cash against outstanding invoices, in the form of working capital funding, so that businesses can get on with growing - instead of having to worry about cash flow. We believe in the endless possibilities that arise when entrepreneurs have more time to focus on what they love.
Our values matter and as part of the team, they’ll be yours too.
#MakeItHappen | #1Team1Dream | #AlwaysBeLearning
This is a remote position, we support you being fully remote, with optional access to a great office in the heart of Shoreditch if you prefer the hustle and bustle of a London office!
We're looking for a Data Scientist who wants to join us in revolutionising business finance. You will be part of a multidisciplinary squad, using machine learning techniques and a variety of data sources to solve tough, meaningful problems. The ideal candidate is someone who can communicate effectively with stakeholders, understand business problems and deliver actionable outputs through the power of data science.
- Experience with SQL, including knowledge on relational database systems
- Experience using Python, including the use of data manipulation, cleansing and data mining techniques
- Knowledge, both theoretical and applied, in developing, monitoring and improving statistical models
- Strong problem solving skills, a passion for metrics and data, and the ability to get into the details while seeing and understanding the bigger commercial picture
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner and sell these to a non-technical audience
- A flexible analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- A self-starter with an appetite to learn and develop
About you (Desirable)
- Experience in Fintech, or domain knowledge with Business Lending or Credit Risk
- Experience with modern data tools and big data technologies (e.g. Azure)
- Experience with Data Visualisation (e.g. Looker, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience developing and deploying models within a commercial environment (e.g. customer segmentation, propensity modelling, A/B testing, forecasting, etc.)
- Strong academic background in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or a related field
At MarketFinance, the opportunity for growth is as big as your ambition. Things move quickly in FinTech and that’s all part of the adventure. Our benefits include:
- Competitive salary and best-in-class share options scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus your birthday off
- Mentoring from industry leaders and the opportunity to make an impact at one of Europe’s foremost Fintechs
- Private health coverage and half-price Virgin Active gym membership
- Enhanced maternity leave, Amazon Kindle and unlimited e-books
- Excellent company culture and a great office in the heart of Shoreditch
We will use your data to process your application, to allow us to assess your suitability for a role and improve our sites. We may share your data with third parties to achieve these purposes. We will not share your data for marketing purposes.
We will keep your data safe in accordance with data protection legislation.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: EU only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈