Money Mart Financial Services
2 weeks ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial services in North America. For 40 years, we have been committed to providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over 700 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve their goals.
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we do. We serve 2 million people annually with diverse and innovative financial products such as loans, check cashing, money transfer and prepaid cards. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives. Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Money Mart Financial Services provides solutions.
Money Mart's Analytics & Risk Organization is responsible for managing the risk-reward throughout the lifecycle of our credit products and customer journey. This is an exciting organization where the contributions by the team members can really help Money Mart’s bottom line and create experiences that our customers love.
Data Scientists at Money Mart is part of a team creating a new cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning center of excellence with the goal of developing innovative solutions for helping the business grow and become more efficient.
The Risk & Analytics team is looking for a high-performing professionals who will apply their quantitative expertise, attention to detail, and curiosity to solve business problems
- Develop quantitative solutions for managing credit risk, fraud risk, marketing campaigns and enhanced customer segmentation
- Conceive, design & monitor risk management strategies to improve business profitability in the areas of underwriting, credit line management, universe expansion and alternative data evaluation for lending.
- Analyze customer level information to determine the effectiveness of strategies and recommend necessary changes to improve profitability.
- Innovative use of data and processes to improve risk management strategies and the customer experience.
- Analyze portfolio trends to deliver strategic business insight from internal and external data. Communicate concise and actionable business strategies from vast amounts of data for Sr. Management.
- Master’s degree or higher in a quantitative field such as Decision Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, or Economics required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Credit Risk Management, Fraud Risk or Marketing Analytics. Preferably within the financial services industry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience solving business problems leveraging data and analytics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using SQL, R, Python, Xeno, MatLab, or similar data-mining and analytics applications.
- Capable of completing descriptive, diagnostic, exploratory, predictive, and prescriptive analytical exercises.
- Proven ability to give meaning, insight, and purpose to information to drive business decisions.
- Capable of managing change through typical strategy development lifecycle stages such as Ideation, Solutioning, Execution, and Go-To Market.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, problem-solving, time-management, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to simply explain complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment.
- Aptitude and willingness to roll-up the sleeves and get involved in the details.
- Highly curious with the desire to go deep beneath the surface to solve problems.
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈