1 week ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: UK Only
We’re looking for a passionate data scientist to join our Consumers Squad to help us to develop and enhance the analytical and predictive capabilities of Pulse, our solution to delivering rapid, actionable insight to lenders.
In the Consumers Squad we are responsible for the end to end experience of and insights learned from the consumer, including our Interactive Virtual Interview (IVI) and our analytical Insight Engine that powers the insights returned to lenders.
You’ll spend your time:
- working within a fast-paced, cross-functional, agile team doing Product-focused Data Science research and development
- building and iteratively improving statistical and machine learning models of consumer finances and credit risk, and integrating these into our live Pulse product
- keeping abreast of the rapidly changing economic environment, understanding any impacts, and ensuring our product stays relevant and accurate
- iterating on the ways in which we engage with and gather information from consumers and how we incorporate that information into our models
- measuring and ensuring the fairness, accuracy and regulatory soundness of our models
- monitoring the performance of our models over time and identifying opportunities and requirements for improvement
- discovering product features our lenders and consumers truly love through feedback, research and A/B testing
- supporting the Commercial team and Product Managers in pitching the product to prospective clients and explaining technical details
- collaborating with your team and the rest of the Product Organisation, planning the most important projects to work on next.
You should apply if you:
- have a strong understanding of data analysis, probability and statistics
- have experience visualising, interpreting and explaining patterns and results in data
- have experience in designing, building and evaluating machine learning regression and classification models
- are excited to work in a cross-functional and highly collaborative environment with software engineers and product managers, to ensure data analysis and models are fit for purpose
- have excellent communication and people skills and enjoy engaging and working with different types of people across an organisation
- enjoy working from idea to delivery in an iterative way, learning by doing and getting fast feedback
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong proficiency with Python and Jupyter notebooks
- have strong proficiency working with data and models using Pandas, numpy and SciKitLearn
- are familiar with software engineering paradigms like Object Oriented Programming, version control tools like git and Github and virtualisation tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- have experience developing data modelling/analysis code in a modular, reusable fashion using modern software development techniques (e.g. test-driven development)
- have experience of statistical inference and probabilistic modelling
- are familiar with the use of automated pipelines for building, deploying, monitoring and updating production machine learning models
- have a good command of relational databases and SQL
- have experience conducting and/or analysing consumer research trials or A/B tests
- have a strong community involvement (open-source, conferences, meetups, etc)
- have experience in consumer credit, FinTech, or Financial Services — an interest in and willingness to learn about consumer credit is imperative
- 28 days holiday (in addition to public holidays and includes 3 days over Christmas)
- Competitive salary
- Bupa Private health insurance
- Personal development budget
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Time off to volunteer for good causes
At Aire, we exist to make credit equitable for everyone: free from bias and free from prejudice — for the world. A bold mission that we’re resolute on doing the right way: always putting our approach to regulation and our laser focus on the needs of the consumer above a quick win or a fast result.
As part of our diverse team, you’ll be working on one of the hardest problems in consumer credit, helping us deliver a credit system upgrade so valuable that it stands to benefit all of us: our friends, our family, our loved ones.
Previously Shoreditch-based, we’ve been working remotely since March. Long since believing that the future of work should be built around true flexibility, we are now trialing a remote-first approach on a more permanent basis. Yet central to our culture are the strong relationships established away from the meeting room so we’ll be putting in place regular ways we can be together again in person. While remote work may be our default, seeing each other in person will, as soon as we feel it’s safe to do so, become our routine.
Aire is authorised and regulated by the FCA in the UK since 2016, we have been working with lenders offering a range of credit products, and we have been fortunate enough to have our work recognised in multiple industry awards. We’ve made great strides so far but there is much to be done and we want you to be part of our next phase.
Our core product, Pulse, delivers rapid, actionable insight to lenders. It gives them a clearer picture of the current financial situation of their existing customers. Pulse takes care of customer outreach to collect data directly from consumers and builds insights that lenders can act on. Built to be repeatable and scalable, we are constantly discovering new problems Pulse can solve for lenders and introducing new functionality.
Our organisational design at Aire does not separate Product and Technology. Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists are all working together to solve problems as one Product Organisation. We've organised our Product Organisation into three cross-functional teams (which we call squads):
Consumers squad — Focussed on interactions with consumers and consumer insight
Lenders squad — Focussed on interactions with lenders and product configuration
Platform squad — Focussed on product infrastructure and the deployment pipeline
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: UK Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈