1 month ago
Job type: Full-time
Hiring from: USA Only
Join an early stage venture-backed startup company just as it begins its growth, and have the opportunity to apply the
latest in machine learning while applying that hard earned knowledge from your engineering degree!
Tignis provides Physics-Driven Analytics for Connected Industrial Systems, utilizing digital twin and machine learning
technologies. Our solution automatically monitors and learns industrial systems, continuously detects threats to
reliability and efficiency, and precisely identifies and predicts operational impacts. We currently monitor hundreds of
We are looking for a data scientist with a PhD in an applied engineering field, such as chemical engineering
or mechanical engineering. Someone who spent years becoming an expert in their engineering field who also has
non-trivial experience applying machine learning and data science. As part of your engineering education or work
experience, you’ve built high fidelity simulations such as FEM or CFD. You will work with a small team to bring
together your engineering knowledge and machine learning to help industrial and manufacturing customers turn
sensor data into business value. You will both have the chance to contribute to the core software product and work
directly with customers. This is a remote position.
- Work with customers on their engineering challenges and design analytical solutions that combine the best
in engineering, simulation, and machine learning
- Use statistics and data science to make decisions based on data
- Create machine learning models that can be deployed to production for industrial and manufacturing plants
- Work with internal software engineering teams to help design software libraries that accelerate reusable
- Communicate results to broad range of external and internal constituents, from engineer to CEO
Stay up to date with the latest in machine learning developments
- Collaborate across disciplines to deliver an amazing customer experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or Applied Chemistry.
- You have experience and are comfortable creating high fidelity simulations of physical processes, such as
finite element modeling and computational fluid dynamics.
- You are excited about the power of machine learning to advance research and technology in your field of
study, and have significant experience applying machine learning methods, potentially as part of the PhD
- You love engineering and you love the idea of applying those years of your learning to real world
- You’ve written code to solve real problems in your research, your work or your life. You enjoy the process of
creation through code.
- You have excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills including the ability to create
and deliver effective presentations.
- You have sincere empathy for the customer and a commitment to delving deep into the challenges they
present or experience.
- You have a keen attention to detail, ability to multitask, and can work well under pressure.
- Your natural tendency is to be curious, positive, and creative.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.
Please mention that you come from Remotive when applying for this job.
Does this job need an edit? 🙈